Buying Advice Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #1  

mikeinstafford

Tractor
Kioti DK45 SE HST
I have a big choice to make. Both tractors are ready to be picked up and I can choose either dealership. The costs of both tractors will be about the same. So price is not a consideration. I have read that lift capacity on the Kioti 45DK is about 2700 lbs and the Kubota dealer told me that the lift capacity on the L3540 is around 1700 lbs. The web tells me the lift capacity on the L3540 is about 2600 lbs. I would like to be getting my tractor today if I can make a decision. Please help. The only reason I wont have a tractor today is if I cant decide which.

Thanks and please help me quickly because its Saturday and they aren't open all day today.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #2  
Well here is the deal.. the Kioti has about 10 more horse, but you knew that already, the lift capacity at the pins on the Kioti KL401 loader ( on the DK45se) is about 2700 Lbs. The Kubota L3540 is often fitted with the La724 loader. so about 1868 lbs of lift at the pins. But some are fitted with the La514 which is 1351lbs at the pins. You need to know which loader you are buying. The HST+ hydro transmission on the 3540 is a leader in its class with advanced features. Many owners believe it is worth extra money to own.. I have never used one, but I like some of its advanced features. So you need to consider what your lifting jobs are, and if maximum lift is your goal, you probably need to look torward the Kioti, but if you can do with some less lift, and want the advanced transmission features, then go with the Kubota. You will have a wonderful tractor with which ever one you choose.

James K0UA

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #3  
This will not be good

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #4  
What are you going to be doing with it?

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #5  
This will not be good

yeah, I am surprised at the same price for those two units. the DK45se is a bunch cheaper around here than even the 3450 Kubota.. but deals are deals, and he did not say how much the deals were for.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #6  
The Kubota would be a least 6k more here

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #7  
The Kubota would be a least 6k more here

yeah, either the Kioti dealer is really inflating his price or the Kubota dealer is really offering a deal.. I dunno, but it is his deal, I was just trying to offer some comparisons.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #8  
Take your time and don't rush into anything.

If you are bound and determined to buy today, I can't add anything beyond that provided by James K0UA.

As mentioned these Kioti v Kubota etc. often don't end well, so I don't know how many will get involved, but both are good tractors. I am assuming you have considered other brands as well, always a good idea.

Good luck.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #9  
Take your time and don't rush into anything.

If you are bound and determined to buy today, I can't add anything beyond that provided by James K0UA.

As mentioned these Kioti v Kubota etc. often don't end well, so I don't know how many will get involved, but both are good tractors. I am assuming you have considered other brands as well, always a good idea.

Good luck.

Well, since he is not coming back to us, maybe he loaded up and went to the dealership.. I wish him well.

/ Kubota Grand L3540 HST+ or Kioti DK45SE HST #10  
I don't understand his hurry.