Comparison Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z
What does the cyclone rake look like hooked up to your Hustler? How does it work? I heard they are the best.

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z #12  
They are made really well. The materials they use are top quality. I have the large 9 hp one. It's amazing how much material it holds! It makes the mower long and when you turn you have to compensate. I took out the mail box a few times. The only thing I had to do was make a hitch for it to attach to mower.

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z #13  
Thanks for your input...what problems(if any)did you have over that 4 yr period and was it a Superduty?

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z #14  
I finally pulled the trigger on the Hustler 48" Super Duty. The price was high but the valve is good. I compared the Scag, Husqvarna, Gravely and the Hustler and I thought with the FX 691 engine and the quality of the construction it was the best for the money. It should be my last mower I buy so after two months of research I hope I made the correct decision. Thanks for the help.

Well, between the Scag Freedom and the Hustler FasTrak SD, you made the right choice but you do know you were comparing apples and oranges don't you??? The Scag Tiger Cat would have been a better head-to-head comparison to the SD, and the Freedom Z didn't have a chance:0)
Just out of curiousity, which Husqvarna and Gravely models did you have in the mix?? I would have suggested looking at the Husqvarna M-ZT52 and the Gravely ZT HD 48 for a comparison to the Scag & Hustler. And one more question.......you say "last mower I'll ever buy", so do you mind sharing your age??? If well maintained, that FasTrak SD should easily give you 20 or so years service cutting 2 acres(but if you are only 30-yrs-old..."last mower" may be pushing it:0)

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z #15  
Love my FTSD 60". Bought it about 2 years ago and have 150.3 hours on the meter:

photo 1.JPG

I cut about 3-4 acres comprised of: watered lawn, non-watered field (the rest of the yard), around trees, and tons of leaves. All flat, but I do have some rough spots that beat me up. I ordered the upgraded seat kit that now is an option...hoping it helps with the fatigue.

Hustler was discontinuing their push-mower, so I picked up an M1 when I bought the FTSD for a decent price:

photo 2.JPG

Enjoy your Hustler.

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z #16  
Thanks for your input...what problems(if any)did you have over that 4 yr period and was it a Superduty?
I had the standard FasTrak. Not the Super Duty.
Put around 200 hours on the FasTrak over the 4 years.
0 problems.

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z
I am 52 and I hope my super duty out lasts me. I am happy with the mower but not as happy as the dogs are. My two pugs get to ride every time I cut the lawn. They like it better than the tractor.

/ Hustler Fastrak Super duty vs Scag Feedom Z #18  
I am 52 and I hope my super duty out lasts me. I am happy with the mower but not as happy as the dogs are. My two pugs get to ride every time I cut the lawn. They like it better than the tractor.

Yep, well-maintained that Hustler should become an inheritance item just like my Gravely will be when I'm gone:0)