Comparison Still looking

/ Still looking #1  

toeme

Tractor
ac5045
Hello
I've got 10 acres, mostly wooded, of which 4 acres need mowing 1 to 2 times a year. It's a deer hunter's getaway.
I've found a kubota 2350d. 726 hours, with a FEL for $5500, BUT it rolled off a trailer and broke the bell housing (transmission case) New case $2200. I've "heard" owners of these small tractor/loader find them front heavy and usually put weight on the rear which strains the "weak" transmission attachment, so the are many commonly broken.
there is also a Yanmar 1700d with 5 hours and a 3' shredder, no FEL for $4550. Looks brand new, red with a yellow grill. I imagine it's a refurbished grey market with ? hours. "Heard" they are great, parts and manuals a problem.
I'm on a limited budget and will use the tractor rarely. (had a Allis Chambers for 4 years, put 80 hours on it). I'm tempted on buying and fixing the Kubota myself. Not sure what this will entail. Splitting the tractor, drop the tranny, put all the internals (speciality tools?) in the new case, reassemble?
All thoughts appreciated. THANKS

/ Still looking #2  
toeme if you are serious about rebuilding the crash damaged Kubota 2350 there are places that sell used parts nationwide. I get a flyer from one tractor junk yard from time to time. Typically parts still in spec sell for about 50% of new parts.

Can you hear it run and see the FEL operate or is the damage too great? If insurance paid off after the crash they may go lower.

If you do not know that model/make I would have someone that does to check out for other damage.

/ Still looking
Thanks Gale,
I haven't seen the tractor in person yet but the owner says you can start it, operate the FEL; has 1 new $400 rear tire? and the ROPs canopy is slightly bent in the pics.