Buying Advice Hustler/Big Dog

/ Hustler/Big Dog #1  

cshive

Tractor
ZTR
Hello all
I'm new to the site but have been reading lots on here lately so figured I would join. Have been looking at mowers for a month or so and finally have it narrowed down. However, I'm still between two. Now I don't NEED this much mower but at the same time it won't hurt me to have it. So here's what I need advice on.
- Hustler x-one / 30 hrs / 60" vx4 / 27 hp kawi - $7500
OR
- Big Dog xDiablo / new / 60" / 35 hp kawi - $8800

Of course I'm open to your thoughts and opinions but I do know I want to go with the hustler/big dog brand.

Thanks for your help!

/ Hustler/Big Dog #2  
If you can deal with all the ads, this site is primarily for commercial mowers and has lots of info.
http://www.lawnsite.com/
They had a separate "residential" section, but it looks like the site has been reformatted and the residential section is now merged with the commercial section. I have never heard of the Big Dog mower before so I can't be of any help.

/ Hustler/Big Dog #3  
I have a hustler super z real nice mower. That said check the hydro drive components as I believe this is where a lot of money is and should help you to ferret out value.

/ Hustler/Big Dog #4  
I've had a hustler for a few years. Been a great mower. I looked at the Big Dogs when I was looking. What it boiled down to for me was having a local dealer that stocked parts and could do repairs instead of dealing with a box store if I needed something or if something broke.

/ Hustler/Big Dog #5  
Ive had a Hustler FasTrak for three years, its never missed a beat, and the dealer has been very responsive. YMMV.

/ Hustler/Big Dog #6  
I've had a Hustler Fastrac for 4 years. We were very happy with it.
I'm currently trading the Fastrac and up sizing . Just ordered a Hustler super Z.

/ Hustler/Big Dog #7  
I have a Hustler TrimStar. I am very happy with it. I know you are looking at a ZTR but I thought I would let you know I have 150 trouble free hours. I am a member on the Lawnsite forum and while there is a lot of good info on that forum there are also many posters who find it is their duty to point out how dumb they think you are.

/ Hustler/Big Dog #8  
I have had a Hustler Fastrac for almost seven years. So far it has been relatively trouble free. Gas, oil, filters and blades have been the only expenses.

There is an associated forum with a lot of info here http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/forum.php

Hey Vince, it's been a while. Hope you are doing well.

Bob