Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Default Re: About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)

Quote Originally Posted by dkair View Post
    Thanks for the reply, Murph! I have learned a lot from many of your posts already. I definitely like the prices of the Kioti since the CK35 is at the top end of my cash budget (and my wife's blessing) right now. Good call on the hooks and light, I think I can make this work. We are thinking of buying a tiller, but the dealer rents almost everything he sells so we'd like to try before we buy. Maybe I negotiate a rental credit...

I did not price a DK35. I was originally looking at the DKs but it is more tractor than I need and the size of the CK will fit better for the various work and trails we have for it. Also, I didn't think that Kioti still made a DK35.

Thanks again,
    DK
    If you could rent the tiller that's the way to go. Get the ck 35 loaded tires 2 remotes with float,rearlight and bucket hooks. Make sure they weld those hooks inline with the FEL arms.
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

I would get the CK35 and a good 5' tiller with 6 tines/rotor and never look back. From my experience a full 30 pto hp would be the better choice but for $16,900 and your budget the CK35 would work well.

Tractor
    Kioti CK35 HST

Thanks to all for the solid input and advice. Great food for thought - I really appreciate it!

As for implements, right off the bat I am looking at getting a cultivator and box blade. Next year a planter (research to be done), a disc and maybe a rototiller and then who knows.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Thanks to all for the solid input and advice. Great food for thought - I really appreciate it!

As for implements, right off the bat I am looking at getting a cultivator and box blade. Next year a planter (research to be done), a disc and maybe a rototiller and then who knows.
    That leaves the pasture out for at least 2 years.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

From my past experiences the rototiller is a much better match for a lightweight tractor than a disk.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

To the OP, You do NOT loose a year of warranty on the 2010 machine. They're sold by date of purchase re: warranty, NOT date of manufacture. Get the biggest you can afford; you'll never regret going to the most you can afford. Though 5 more HP might get you a larger footprint brush mower you should stay within the width of your rear tires for sizing, (width).
    You will enjoy whatever you get; if it were me I'd get the biggest Kioti I could possibly afford.
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (with reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger system. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote machine View Post
    To the OP, You do NOT loose a year of warranty on the 2010 machine. They're sold by date of purchase re: warranty, NOT date of manufacture. Get the biggest you can afford; you'll never regret going to the most you can afford. Though 5 more HP might get you a larger footprint brush mower you should stay within the width of your rear tires for sizing, (width).You will enjoy whatever you get; if it were me I'd get the biggest Kioti I could possibly afford.
    That's the first that I've ever heard anyone say that.

Here is a 15ft cutter, then a 10ft Bush Hog brand
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)-15ft-batwing.jpg   About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)-pflink-2710.jpg  
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    That's the first that I've ever heard anyone say that.

Here is a 15ft cutter:
    Can you run that with your tractor?
    Murph ------------

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1244 View Post
    Can you run that with your tractor?
    Your comment is out of line with the discussion at hand
    Don

Tractor
    Ford 8N, LS R4047H, Massey Ferguson 241, Hustler Sport ZTR

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Your comment is out of line with the discussion at hand
    To be fair, his question was no more sarcastic than your posting a picture of a 15' batwing when the topic is a 40hp machine.

I'm guessing you'd both agree to this: "lots of us like out rotary cutters to be wider than the rear tread width", or something along those lines. I like a 6' cutter behind my LS, and would consider 7', but they're pricey, and I got my 6' model cheap.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast