Buying Advice About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #11  
Thanks for the reply, Murph! I have learned a lot from many of your posts already. I definitely like the prices of the Kioti since the CK35 is at the top end of my cash budget (and my wife's blessing) right now. Good call on the hooks and light, I think I can make this work. We are thinking of buying a tiller, but the dealer rents almost everything he sells so we'd like to try before we buy. Maybe I negotiate a rental credit...

I did not price a DK35. I was originally looking at the DKs but it is more tractor than I need and the size of the CK will fit better for the various work and trails we have for it. Also, I didn't think that Kioti still made a DK35.

Thanks again,
DK

If you could rent the tiller that's the way to go. Get the ck 35 loaded tires 2 remotes with float,rearlight and bucket hooks. Make sure they weld those hooks inline with the FEL arms.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #12  
I would get the CK35 and a good 5' tiller with 6 tines/rotor and never look back. From my experience a full 30 pto hp would be the better choice but for $16,900 and your budget the CK35 would work well.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)
Thanks to all for the solid input and advice. Great food for thought - I really appreciate it!

As for implements, right off the bat I am looking at getting a cultivator and box blade. Next year a planter (research to be done), a disc and maybe a rototiller and then who knows.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #14  
Thanks to all for the solid input and advice. Great food for thought - I really appreciate it!

As for implements, right off the bat I am looking at getting a cultivator and box blade. Next year a planter (research to be done), a disc and maybe a rototiller and then who knows.
That leaves the pasture out for at least 2 years.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #15  

From my past experiences the rototiller is a much better match for a lightweight tractor than a disk.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #16  
To the OP, You do NOT loose a year of warranty on the 2010 machine. They're sold by date of purchase re: warranty, NOT date of manufacture. Get the biggest you can afford; you'll never regret going to the most you can afford. Though 5 more HP might get you a larger footprint brush mower you should stay within the width of your rear tires for sizing, (width).
You will enjoy whatever you get; if it were me I'd get the biggest Kioti I could possibly afford.:2cents:

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #17  
To the OP, You do NOT loose a year of warranty on the 2010 machine. They're sold by date of purchase re: warranty, NOT date of manufacture. Get the biggest you can afford; you'll never regret going to the most you can afford. Though 5 more HP might get you a larger footprint brush mower you should stay within the width of your rear tires for sizing, (width).You will enjoy whatever you get; if it were me I'd get the biggest Kioti I could possibly afford.:2cents:
That's the first that I've ever heard anyone say that.

Here is a 15ft cutter, then a 10ft Bush Hog brand

Attachments

• 15ft Batwing.jpg
    15ft Batwing.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 64
  • pflink-2710.jpg
    pflink-2710.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 70
   / About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #18  
That's the first that I've ever heard anyone say that.

Here is a 15ft cutter:

Can you run that with your tractor?

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #19  
   / About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #20  
Your comment is out of line with the discussion at hand

To be fair, his question was no more sarcastic than your posting a picture of a 15' batwing when the topic is a 40hp machine. ;)

I'm guessing you'd both agree to this: "lots of us like out rotary cutters to be wider than the rear tread width", or something along those lines. I like a 6' cutter behind my LS, and would consider 7', but they're pricey, and I got my 6' model cheap.