Buying Advice About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #21  
To be fair, his question was no more sarcastic than your posting a picture of a 15' batwing when the topic is a 40hp machine. ;)

I'm guessing you'd both agree to this: "lots of us like out rotary cutters to be wider than the rear tread width", or something along those lines. I like a 6' cutter behind my LS, and would consider 7', but they're pricey, and I got my 6' model cheap.
That would be incorrect. And I don't want to take the OP's thread off topic as Murphy has attempted.

If the OP gets the CK35, he can effectively use a 6ft. cutter, as long as he doesn't wait until the brush is 3 feet tall. And that would be wider than his tire width as in my previous post.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #22  
That would be incorrect. And I don't want to take the OP's thread off topic as Murphy has attempted.

If the OP gets the CK35, he can effectively use a 6ft. cutter, as long as he doesn't wait until the brush is 3 feet tall. And that would be wider than his tire width as in my previous post.

I had not attempted to do anything, Your post was not what he was talking about and you know that. And me backing up CM, wow

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #23  
I had not attempted to do anything, Your post was not what he was talking about and you know that. And me backing up CM, wow
My post was in response to post #16 nothing more, nothing less. And I elaborated in post #21.

If you have a problem with that so be it. The information I gave was and is correct.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #24  
dkair,

I am like many others here and vote for the CK35 with the options/additions suggested.The extra 5 horsepower will be an aid for future implement purchases as well, it will give the the chance to buy a "Good" used implement that you might have had to pass on without the extra 5 horse to use it.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)
To the OP, You do NOT loose a year of warranty on the 2010 machine. They're sold by date of purchase re: warranty, NOT date of manufacture. Get the biggest you can afford; you'll never regret going to the most you can afford. Though 5 more HP might get you a larger footprint brush mower you should stay within the width of your rear tires for sizing, (width).
You will enjoy whatever you get; if it were me I'd get the biggest Kioti I could possibly afford.:2cents:

The dealer told me that it had a year less warranty than the Kioti. I assumed this wasn't due to the age, but rather that Bobcat did not offer the same 2 year warranty (or 4 year power train). If that's not the case, I may want to follow-up with the dealer on this. Thanks for the input!

dkair,

I am like many others here and vote for the CK35 with the options/additions suggested.The extra 5 horsepower will be an aid for future implement purchases as well, it will give the the chance to buy a "Good" used implement that you might have had to pass on without the extra 5 horse to use it.

Good point and one I had not thought of - broader used market for implements and such. Thanks!

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #27  
The dealer told me that it had a year less warranty than the Kioti. I assumed this wasn't due to the age, but rather that Bobcat did not offer the same 2 year warranty (or 4 year power train). If that's not the case, I may want to follow-up with the dealer on this. Thanks for the input!

It was late when I posted and I was referring to the warranty I know about: Kioti's. It did not occur to me that Bobcat might use a different warranty, so I could very well be wrong- but it is still worthwqhile checking the fine print at each dealer or on the web site of each for specifics.

On another issue I mentioned you should stay between your rear wheels with the brush hog. I was again mistaken, and was thinking about what I was told by my selling dealer about box blades, NOT bush hogs, brush hogs, rear mowers, etc.

Sorry for the mistakes, and to those who caught them.
I will say that a brush hog much wider then the rears on a 40HP tractor will not perform very well, and therefore a 15' batwing will not be advisable.
And, BTW, Don, lighten up a little, Murph did not seem to be trying to derail the OP's thread, just asking what your point was....
Thanks Murph for the backup but I can stand on my own...;) But I do appreciate the effort- this brewski is on me:drink:

That leaves the pasture out for at least 2 years.

I'll likely have the farmer that farms the field now prep it for planting and then either do that myself in the spring (equipment allowing) or have him take that on since he's very well equipped. This is definitely something I'll need to research and you'll likely see some questions from me under different sub forum.

From my past experiences the rototiller is a much better match for a lightweight tractor than a disk.

Thanks for the input. I would like to rent both so I can see what works better for our purposes and goals.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #30  
It was late when I posted and I was referring to the warranty I know about: Kioti's. It did not occur to me that Bobcat might use a different warranty, so I could very well be wrong- but it is still worthwqhile checking the fine print at each dealer or on the web site of each for specifics.

On another issue I mentioned you should stay between your rear wheels with the brush hog. I was again mistaken, and was thinking about what I was told by my selling dealer about box blades, NOT bush hogs, brush hogs, rear mowers, etc.

Sorry for the mistakes, and to those who caught them.
I will say that a brush hog much wider then the rears on a 40HP tractor will not perform very well, and therefore a 15' batwing will not be advisable.
And, BTW, Don, lighten up a little, Murph did not seem to be trying to derail the OP's thread, just asking what your point was....
Thanks Murph for the backup but I can stand on my own...;) But I do appreciate the effort- this brewski is on me:drink:
That 15' batwing was in direct response to the mistaken 'tire width' concern, as there are a lot of farm tractors that aren't 15' wide, but still using that mower. That was my only point, and the best way to prove a point is with pictures.

And the point with Murphy, was that even tough I corrected information that he knew was incorrect also, Murphy went into 'troll' mode again.