Buying Advice About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices)
It was late when I posted and I was referring to the warranty I know about: Kioti's. It did not occur to me that Bobcat might use a different warranty, so I could very well be wrong- but it is still worthwqhile checking the fine print at each dealer or on the web site of each for specifics.

On another issue I mentioned you should stay between your rear wheels with the brush hog. I was again mistaken, and was thinking about what I was told by my selling dealer about box blades, NOT bush hogs, brush hogs, rear mowers, etc.

Sorry for the mistakes, and to those who caught them.
I will say that a brush hog much wider then the rears on a 40HP tractor will not perform very well, and therefore a 15' batwing will not be advisable.

I appreciate the clarification, CM! Some very good discussion here and it is spurring on a lot of related Google and TBN forum searches for me.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #32  
That 15' batwing was in direct response to the mistaken 'tire width' concern, as there are a lot of farm tractors that aren't 15' wide, but still using that mower. That was my only point, and the best way to prove a point is with pictures.

And the point with Murphy, was that even tough I corrected information that he knew was incorrect also, Murphy went into 'troll' mode again.

Points taken, thanks for clarifying.:thumbsup:
Murphy's a troll?!:confused3:

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #33  
I appreciate the clarification, CM! Some very good discussion here and it is spurring on a lot of related Google and TBN forum searches for me.

You're welcome- keep asking questions there are a LOT of knowledgeable members here who can help with your decisions... Research, research, then decide!:thumbsup:

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #34  
Points taken, thanks for clarifying.:thumbsup:
Murphy's a troll?!:confused3:
Your welcome.

And yes, sometimes Murphy gets bored, or doesn't take his meds properly, or something.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #35  
That would be incorrect.

You can't say that someone else's interpretation of your comment is incorrect. Perception is reality. A picture, with no explanation came across as being sarcastic....period.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #36  
That 15' batwing was in direct response to the mistaken 'tire width' concern, as there are a lot of farm tractors that aren't 15' wide, but still using that mower. That was my only point, and the best way to prove a point is with pictures.

A picture without any explanation doesn't make any point in many cases, and certainly not in this case.

The OP is new to tractors, how can you assume he knows that there are tractors using those mowers even though they aren't the same width? Without some sort of explanation, it doesn't help him at all, and he's left to guess.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #37  
You can't say that someone else's interpretation of your comment is incorrect. Perception is reality. A picture, with no explanation came across as being sarcastic....period.
If it came across as sarcasm, it was unintentional and I'll apologize for the 'perception'.

/ About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #38  
   / About to buy, advice and sanity check requested (includes prices) #39  
Your welcome.

And yes, sometimes Murphy gets bored, or doesn't take his meds properly, or something.

Get off my back. What is your problem with me today? A troll?