Price Check John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items?

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #21  
OP take your price and see how much off retail you are getting. You should get at least 12%.

You probably got the $17k from my earlier comment about the list price for the tractor with FEL. The quoted price was lower, at just shy of $15k.

I guess it was.

I built a BX2670 just like it. A dealer would want around $1,000 less than the deere.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #22  
Which model Kioti? I've never heard of any Kioti coming near Deere or Kubota in price.

It was a CS 2410. Quoted me the same price dollar for dollar as the Massey, 16.5k with mower and loader.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #23  
There are a couple, but one example would be an LS J2030H...27hp, 1,600lbs gross weight, 3pt lift of 1,400lbs, and FEL max lift of over 1,100lbs. They run a bit under $14k. My dealer has its little brother, the J2020H, (23hp) listed for $12,850 with FEL.

LS tractor loader 23hp diesel

I'm pretty sure you could find similar, or better deals from Kioti, Branson, McCormick and Mahindra.

I think you have to look deeper than some of these specs when buying a tractor. Having a 1600 lb tractor with a 1400 lb rear lift capacity doesn't really work. Most manufacturers can easily make their machines do this but know it isn't safe or practical. It looks good to readers who compare specification sheets and have little tractor experience. I would rather have a lift push the hydraulics into relief than to lift up a load too heavy for the machine and operators to safely use.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #24  
I think you have to look deeper than some of these specs when buying a tractor. Having a 1600 lb tractor with a 1400 lb rear lift capacity doesn't really work. Most manufacturers can easily make their machines do this but know it isn't safe or practical. It looks good to readers who compare specification sheets and have little tractor experience. I would rather have a lift push the hydraulics into relief than to lift up a load too heavy for the machine and operators to safely use.

Of course you should look deeper than just a few select specs, nobody said otherwise. Still, specs are usually where the rubber meets the dirt, and curiously, it's usually the people or companies with lesser specs suggesting that the intangibles are what really matter.

You'd really rather have a machine with so little rear lift that it's running nearly 100% to use implements it can run with available PTO power?

There are bigger names/brands putting out similar products with no claims that they are unsafe. The Mahindra Max 25 only weighs 1,700lbs, but has 1,400lbs or 3pt lift. Probably one of the most referenced tractors around, the Kubota L3800 weighs just under 2,500lbs, and has 2,000lbs of 3pt lift.

An LS or Mahindra lifting 82% of their empty weight is no less safe than an L3800 lifting 80% of its empty weight. I have yet to hear anybody say that an L3800 can lift too much on the 3pt....that's just silly.

You've previously made your feelings about LS and few others pretty clear, and everybody is entitled to their opinions, but trying to skew the discussion to suggest that better specs create a potentially unsafe situation is unecessary. I like green tractors too, but that doesn't change the reality that you get less performance per dollar with many of them in the SCUT, CUT and Utility versions.

Regardless of tractor color, people still need to match their implements, and tasks, to the machine...and ask for help if they're uncertain.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #25  
GManBart,
I stand behind what I said. Picture something like an MX7 rotary cutter behind the LS mentioned in your comparisin, the MX7 weighs in at 1332 lbs or my Frontier BB1284 boxblade at 1260 lbs. Not going to get anything done with either implement, just too big for the tractor. I was simply responding to the highlights that you mentioned above.

I don't have anything against LS or other manufacturers, they just don't have any presence in my locale, heck the Deere dealer (closest tractor dealer) is 75 miles away. I have had good luck with Deere and Case over the years and I tend to buy what I have had good experiences with over the long haul. I should add that I have never seen in person or used an LS tractor, just giving my opinion based on the physics involved.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #26  
Something's not right. Either the dealer is trying to rip you off or it's grossly misquoted. For $17K you should be able to get into the much bigger CK30 size of tractor in the Kioti line. If Kioti is asking $17K for the CS2410, they are nuts. Smells like a greedy dealer to me. The CS2410 is the only thing Kioti makes that compares to the 1025R. I'd look at another dealer, and I'd consider the Mahindra Max series too.

It is hard to beat JD engineering, and variety/quality of attachments. But, you sure pay for it. If you like the deere and the deal, buy it. You'll be happy for many years to come.

I have both a deere (425) and a Kioti (CK25). Love them both. Good for different kinds of jobs. But, when I need another garden tractor where mowing is job one, it'll be a deere, X739 most likely. And I know it will cost me, but I don't care.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #27  
I just added everthing up. It retails for 24309. He is getting 6% off.

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #28  

That's not very good, is it?

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #29  

Total msrp is $26,671.54 so the discount is about 14.5% off list, but I have to agree with others that still is alot of money for such a little tractor. Maybe the real issue with these is that even though they are small the intricate parts still have to be made just like a larger machine and similar assembly.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #30  
Well, I personally wouldn't spend that much on that small of a tractor unless it came with a lifetime supply of oil for it and beer for me... and not the cheap stuff! I want real beer!