Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Default Re: John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items?

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Total msrp is $26,671.54 so the discount is about 14.5% off list, but I have to agree with others that still is alot of money for such a little tractor. Maybe the real issue with these is that even though they are small the intricate parts still have to be made just like a larger machine and similar assembly.
    Well we now know 3 things, I am not good at math and that is a fair price on that tractor.

I agree about the pricing, it is like a 6' blade is not much more than a 5' blade.

I bet a 2520 would not be much more.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    Well we now know 3 things, I am not good at math and that is a fair price on that tractor.

I agree about the pricing, it is like a 6' blade is not much more than a 5' blade.

I bet a 2520 would not be much more.

Back in Jan. of this year one of my dealers quoted me 18,400 for a 2720 with 200CX fel. Seemed like a good deal but didn't take it, I am looking at 100hp range now.

Tractor
    NoTractorYet

All good points.

Just like a Deere X758 is close in price to a 1025R. To me the 1025R offers much more ability, but not too much bigger.
    Primary duties will be lawn mowing, snow blowing very long driveway and light loader duty will be useful.

Doing more research seems to show the X758 is a far better mower than the 1025R though.

So, I need to decide if the loader is worth the trade-off of a lesser mower.

Decisions....decisions.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

Prosper, I would have to respectfully disagree that the X758 is a far better mower than the 1025R. I had the X748 with the 60" seven iron deck for about 3 mowing seasons. It was an excellent mowing tractor. I had some issues with front tire scuffing along with the need to add a three point hitch and rear pto that lead me to start looking at the 1026R. I traded the X748 for the 1026R with the 60" seven iron deck (auto connect) in the spring of 2012. So, after a season and a half of mowing I believe that the 1026, and the 1025, will mow just as well as the X tractors.

Now there is one exception and that is the annoying ROPS. Even while folded, it still will hit and snag tree branches and you need to be more careful around structures like your deck. But in regard to maneuvering around trees, forward backward cycles, I see no loss with the 1 series tractors. You just need to watch the ROPS though.

But with respect to the quality of the cut it is really the same as the X tractor in my opinion. If you need 4 wheel drive you need to engage manually so its not automatic like the new X tractors. But I suspect most of us don't need the 4 wheel drive engage all of the time when mowing. The 4 wheel drive engagement is quite smooth on the 1 series so I don't feel a huge loss without the automatic 4 wheel drive feature.

I just thought that John Deere gets too much money for the 3 point hitch and rear pto option on the X tractors. Had they been a little more reasonably priced I might likely has stayed with the X series tractor. But for me, the sub-compact 1 series just offered a little more versatility.

Now, if Deere could just remove that annoying ROPS they would have an unbeatable mowing tractor in my opinion. But, since that isn't going to happen I will have to be content with being more alert around the trees and be ready for the occasional slap in the back with the branch.

Tractor
    NoTractorYet

TCowner, thanks for sharing your real world experience with both the X series and 1 series.

That's great news from my perspective.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, x758, L130

TCowner brings up a good point comparing the x748 to the 1025-1026R, I would expect them to be similar in handling. I use an x749 with the 4x4ws, 3ph and rear 540 pto. Much more manueverable and works well with the MC519 collection system too. No loader capability but the rear attachments seem to work well. I like it for hilly work on slopes which was a key factor in its selection.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

I wish they'd put AWS on the one series. I'd buy one tomorrow if it did..... then I'd find a way to remove that ROPS!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Green

spend another 10k and you can get a factory cab 3320. f-that

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Case 580 Super M Series 2, Cat D3B

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    Total msrp is $26,671.54 so the discount is about 14.5% off list, but I have to agree with others that still is alot of money for such a little tractor. Maybe the real issue with these is that even though they are small the intricate parts still have to be made just like a larger machine and similar assembly.
    That's certainly possible, but you'd think that they'd sell a lot more 25hp tractors, than the bigger machines, and that would help lower the cost based on sheer volume. Maybe I'm wrong about the numbers, but you'd think a lot more folks can afford a SCUT than even a CUT. If any dealers see this...chime in on what you sell more of please!

Tractor
    John Deere 2305

Prosper have you thought about shopping in New Hampshire? It's not far from you and they don't charge sales tax. That's 6.25% savings. Also I have seen a few nice John Deere set ups on Craigslist out your way. I'm shopping too and a JD is my 1st choice & kubota 2nd.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast