Price Check John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items?

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items?
Definitely going to be from NH dealer. Taxachusetts can't compete.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #42  
Hey Prosper,
Take this for what it is worth. I too am in Ma and was told by my dealer that since I was financing a record of the sale would be recorded by the state. This in turn would open eyes to the fact that sales tax was owed and the state would come looking for their money. If you are paying cash I think you would be ok. Food for thought as I did not want to get hit with a several thousand dollar tax bill when I wad least prepared for it.
Good luck with your shopping
Dave

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items?
Thanks Rilesdav, will certainly keep that in mind. Appreciate the heads up.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #44  
Sounds fishy to me. Lots of people I know take Advantage of bordering New Hampshire.
In fact a handful of people I know register their boats in New Hampshire to avoid the Massachusetts sales tax on their $70,000 plus purchase. New Hampshire is happy to get their registration fees yearly.
A buddy of mine's wife travels to New York State for all her high-end furniture purchases because when the store delivers they don't charge sales tax Across state lines.
Take advantage of every little bit of savings you can, if you're like me you work very hard for your money.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #45  
Sounds fishy to me. Lots of people I know take Advantage of bordering New Hampshire.
In fact a handful of people I know register their boats in New Hampshire to avoid the Massachusetts sales tax on their $70,000 plus purchase. New Hampshire is happy to get their registration fees yearly.
A buddy of mine's wife travels to New York State for all her high-end furniture purchases because when the store delivers they don't charge sales tax Across state lines.
Take advantage of every little bit of savings you can, if you're like me you work very hard for your money.

You're describing illegal activity. MA has a 6.25% "Use Tax" for items such as these purchased out of state, where no MA sales tax was collected. When those folks "avoid the Massachusetts sales tax" they are breaking the law...it's called tax evasion.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #46  
Maybe people wouldn't need to do things like that if the states didn't over tax the crap outta them for every single thing under the sun, to support an archaic "business model" that we can no longer support? Just a thought.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #47  
ajd187 has a point - we are in an era of interstate, not to mention global, commerce.

I can see some flexibility needed for differing taxation among the states, but not to the extent that it is. Doesn't (U.S.) congress have some fiduciary responsibility to regulate interstate commerce to eliminate this lack of equity? I know one of the amendments to the U.S. constitution allows it, so why isn't it done? I have read they are working on something for internet purchase taxation equity, but it still allows state-by-state sales tax rate extreme disparity.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #48  
I have read they are working on something for internet purchase taxation equity, but it still allows state-by-state sales tax rate extreme disparity.

They are working on legislation that would force retailers to collect state taxes due in the state where the goods are being delivered. If you live in MN, they will collect MN taxes, and that's it. It doesn't do anything to create equity, or parity in tax rates charged for online purchases.

One legal thing people can, and should, do is to research whether they can get a tax exemption for agricultural use. I'm reclaiming 10 acres that used to be corn fields, and have been overgrown for something like 40 years. We're ultimately going to have fruit trees, maybe some corn, pumpkins, sunflowers, etc...stuff that we can sell at the local farmer's market, or our roadside. It's going to take us a while to get there, but I'm using the tractor to make that happen...so it qualifies for an Ag tax exemption. States have different rules for when that applies, but it's worth looking into. Here in MI, it's a simple declaration you file with the dealer.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #49  
Hey Prosper,
Take this for what it is worth. I too am in Ma and was told by my dealer that since I was financing a record of the sale would be recorded by the state. This in turn would open eyes to the fact that sales tax was owed and the state would come looking for their money. If you are paying cash I think you would be ok. Food for thought as I did not want to get hit with a several thousand dollar tax bill when I wad least prepared for it.
Good luck with your shopping
Dave

True statement. A record of the purchase is/will be made in the county in which you live if you finance. Whether or not they catch up to you is a gamble. If they did they would very likely only make you pay the taxes owned in your state, unless of course it's found you made a habit of purchasing out of state to avoid sales tax. Paying cash is another story entirely. You are still responsible for the taxes in your state, but chances of being found out are slim to none since no title is involved. If you are really adventurous you could claim farm exemption and see how long you can skirt tax with that without complying with the requirements for such. If you meet any property size requirement you could always plant a few rows of pines and say you have a Christmas tree farm. Nobody ever said you couldn't change your mind because 'farming' turned out not to be to your liking.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #50  
OK Back to the 1025r talk :). I bought a 1025r and am very happy. I am VERY VERY happy with my purchase.

Couple things of note that my dealer mentioned.

I have the 60" MMM and did not go with the Auto connect option because I also went with a 47" front mount Snow Blower. There is a piece for the auto connect that is mounted on the mid PTO that has to be removed to mount the shaft for the snow blower. I had it in my specs and the sales guy strongly urged me not to. Taking the deck on and off isn't too much of a pain.

The nice thing about the 47" front snow blower is that it is PTO driven (no belts) and it is all metal. The larger 54" I think has some plastic pieces. Now I want a blizzard so I can play in the snow.

I LOVE my FEL. I actually got the 1025r FILB and it is amazing how easy it is to take the FEL and Backhoe off. I spread 25 yards of mulch in 3 hours that in past years took me 2 days. I did have to learn how to use the FEL and cover some plants with buckets not to bury them. I am a novice to say the least. If you get a FEL you MUST look at a set of Pallet Forks. I bought a set of Artillian Pallet Forks with 24" tines to move rocks / boulders and they are AMAZING. I hope to post some pics of what I have been doing with them but I am outside playing so much I have not had time :)

I Do miss my old LX280 mower but the 1025 is a good mower as well. Only issues I have had are user issues.

One comment on ROPS. Make sure to pay close attention to them when getting close to things. Someone mentioned this earlier and I did lift my deck off the ground and crack my directional. These things have so much power it is scary

Your price looks reasonable - page 4 of my first thread ever has the breakdown of my price.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/275838-dont-need-but-want-but-4.html