Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey GC2610 TLB, John Deere 212, Ferguson 30

Default Re: John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items?

Quote Originally Posted by Bundi View Post
    OK Back to the 1025r talk . I bought a 1025r and am very happy. I am VERY VERY happy with my purchase.

Couple things of note that my dealer mentioned.

I have the 60" MMM and did not go with the Auto connect option because I also went with a 47" front mount Snow Blower. There is a piece for the auto connect that is mounted on the mid PTO that has to be removed to mount the shaft for the snow blower. I had it in my specs and the sales guy strongly urged me not to. Taking the deck on and off isn't too much of a pain.

The nice thing about the 47" front snow blower is that it is PTO driven (no belts) and it is all metal. The larger 54" I think has some plastic pieces. Now I want a blizzard so I can play in the snow.

I LOVE my FEL. I actually got the 1025r FILB and it is amazing how easy it is to take the FEL and Backhoe off. I spread 25 yards of mulch in 3 hours that in past years took me 2 days. I did have to learn how to use the FEL and cover some plants with buckets not to bury them. I am a novice to say the least. If you get a FEL you MUST look at a set of Pallet Forks. I bought a set of Artillian Pallet Forks with 24" tines to move rocks / boulders and they are AMAZING. I hope to post some pics of what I have been doing with them but I am outside playing so much I have not had time

I Do miss my old LX280 mower but the 1025 is a good mower as well. Only issues I have had are user issues.

One comment on ROPS. Make sure to pay close attention to them when getting close to things. Someone mentioned this earlier and I did lift my deck off the ground and crack my directional. These things have so much power it is scary

Your price looks reasonable - page 4 of my first thread ever has the breakdown of my price.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...ant-but-4.html

I agree that the auto connect isn't really needed. My dad's neighbor has it and he still has to get off and jack around with the deck to get it to connect up if the ground isn't perfectly level. Nice idea, but...

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

I have the 60D auto connect on my 1026R and have no problems with this feature. There is a little bit of a learning curve the first few times but I continue to be amazed at the ease of installing and removing this deck. As I get older (59) lying on my back with a mower gauge wheel digging into my ribs while trying to hook up the mower shaft gets less and less enjoyable. About the only issue I have is if I try to attach the deck on my concrete driveway. The deck tends to slide forward. I used a couple of 2x4s positioned against my garage foundation to steady the mower while I drive up and over. I would like to see Deere redesign the drive over ramps a bit so as to allow the front wheels more of a gentle approach. Now, I just attach and detach in my shed with the crushed rock floor so the deck stays put. Just like the video shows, its about 30 seconds to remove and about 1 minute to install, and no bruised ribs.

With respect to the auto connect hardware, now that might be an issue if one was switching from the mower to the front broom during the mowing season. I have a 52 broom that I wanted to use a couple of times this summer for some small sweeping jobs but declined because it takes some extra time to remove the re-install the auto connect hardware. So that could be a deterrent to purchasing the feature. But I think if it is just the switchover in the late fall to the snow blower and switchover to the mower in the early spring it isn't that big of an issue. It took me probably an extra 15 minutes this spring to get ready to mow due to the auto connect install. I was doing by myself so it was a bit of a struggle to get everything lined up to the tractor brackets. With a helper it would probably be 3 minutes.

Taking the hardware off in the fall is only a few minutes so I don't think the auto connect is a deterrent to attaching the snow blower.

So on balance, someone can have my auto connect deck when they pry my cold dead fingers from it. I like it that much. But, again, if I were switching from the mower to the broom multiple times during the mowing season I would have to reconsider. But the once in the fall and once in the spring switchover is acceptable to me.

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

Same here. I ended up selling my 52 quick hitch BROOM because I love the AutoConnect deck so much. Like you, I always seemed to want to skip wrestling the front PTO shaft into place. I always connect and disconnect my 54D on the broom finished concrete driveway. I've never had a problem with it sliding around. In fact I can even AutoConnect on my shed floor, painted plywood! I have to use a little finesse with a quick lunge forward right at the connection point. If MFWD is not engaged, the tractor will not make it up over the deck, but rather just push it across the ground. It makes me wonder how the guys with the X710, X714, X730, X734, X750, X754 HDGTs are doing it. We haven't heard a peep out of them this year?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Deere 1025R

I just disconnected and re-connected my autoconnect deck for the first time last week.

It came on and off just like it was supposed to, well minus a few "user issues" that I had. ONce I got past those it worked great, and I think next time the user issues will be resolved

Tractor
    JD 1025r FILB

Only time I had an issue with the deck sliding is when I left my FEL and Backhoe on. Kinda silly of me but the extra weight just kept pushing the deck around.

Tractor
    John Deere 1025R

I just ordered my JD 1025R today. The price break down is as follows:

JD 1025R Tractor List (with freight) $13736 Purchase Price $11563.80
    H120 NSL Loader List $3269.00 Purchase Price $2451.75
    JD 60D 7-Iron MMM List $2350.00 Purchase Price $1762.50
    Frontier RC2048 Lift-Type Rotary Cutter List $1778.00 Purchase Price $1522.40
    Frontier BB2048 Standard Duty Box Blade List $974.00 Purchase Price 879.20

Total List $22107 Purchase Price $18179.65 Just shy of 18% off list. Did I get a fair price?

Shane

Tractor
    '11 Deere 1026R

Looks like a good deal. Man, the list on those suckers has sure gone up in the last couple years!

Tractor
    John Deere 1025R

Thanks for the reply XSKIER. I can not believe I am dropping almost 20k on a tractor. I guess you can't take it with you.

Tractor
    1025r

Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a 1025r, with 60D deck and H120 loader. I'm happy to see my numbers are in line with most of the others here. My question for other owners on here is in regard to tire choice. Does anyone have any issues with the R4 tires tearing into the lawn while mowing? The tractor will probably spend 60-70% of its time mowing lawn on somewhat sloped terrain, nothing too major. I am inclined to go with the R4 over turf tires as it will spend the rest of its tire grading a gravel drive, plowing snow and hauling firewood. I'm just hoping these wont tear up the lawn too much.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    JD 4720, JD X748SE, JD 997, Farmall "B"

You might be better served by turf tires. They will grip better in snow.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast