Price Check John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items?

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #61  
Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a 1025r, with 60D deck and H120 loader. I'm happy to see my numbers are in line with most of the others here. My question for other owners on here is in regard to tire choice. Does anyone have any issues with the R4 tires tearing into the lawn while mowing? The tractor will probably spend 60-70% of its time mowing lawn on somewhat sloped terrain, nothing too major. I am inclined to go with the R4 over turf tires as it will spend the rest of its tire grading a gravel drive, plowing snow and hauling firewood. I'm just hoping these wont tear up the lawn too much.

R4's are easy on the turf unless it is wet and you turn sharp and fast. If you are going to use it in the woods I would definately go with R4's. You can always get chains for snow removal if you need them. Tirechain.com is reasonable on their pricing.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #62  
What arlen said. I have R4 tires and they will put some noticeable marks in the lawn, especially if you travel the same paths a lot.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #63  
This thread made me see that my dealer is a bit off on his pricing. My breakdown is as follows -
1025R - 12572.50
H120 Loader - 3050.53
54" MMM - 2168.02
Powerflow bagger - 2208.99
47" QH Snow Blower - 3335.00

Grand Total - 23335.04

I ran to the Kubota dealer after seeing that..........still trying to decide what to do!

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #64  
This thread made me see that my dealer is a bit off on his pricing. My breakdown is as follows -
1025R - 12572.50
H120 Loader - 3050.53
54" MMM - 2168.02
Powerflow bagger - 2208.99
47" QH Snow Blower - 3335.00

Grand Total - 23335.04

I ran to the Kubota dealer after seeing that..........still trying to decide what to do!

Watch this video, it bring up many good points.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #65  
I looked at that 47" blower a few months back and it had a plastic impeller. The sales guy didn't even know this until I pointed it out. I haven't seen the 54", but am told the impeller is metal.

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #66  
I looked at that 47" blower a few months back and it had a plastic impeller. The sales guy didn't even know this until I pointed it out. I haven't seen the 54", but am told the impeller is metal.

I have the 47" and I am 99% sure it is metal. Now I have to remember to look when I get home

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #67  
Prosper- did you end up with the 1025R? I have a quote for darn near the identical machine for about the same price. The 0% financing for the life of the payments is hard to ignore, and this sounds like it will do EXACTLY what I need- primarily snow removal of 1/2 mile driveway, lawn mowing, hauling firewood and minor landscaping work. They will take a trade-in on my 12 year old gator which is really making it hard to pass up also.

I am curious now about the difference between the 47" blower and the 54" as well as not getting the auto connect. Does it really make it easier to get the blower on? Will that configuration save me any money? The dealer said that the first time you do it- it takes about 20 minutes to get the blower on, but after you've done it a few times- you can do it in about 10.

Thanks for all the great feedback here!

/ John Deere 1025R detailed quote. Thoughts and any missing items? #68  
I know you directed at Prosper but I wanted to say how much I love my 1025r. It has done a great job on everything I need to do. I have the 47" and it is awesome. I go down the drive twice and up twice and it is done. I live in RI and we had some nice storms this year and had zero issues. I have turf tires without chains and not filled with a ballast box on back with no slippage at all and my drive has a decent incline.

I have the 60" MMM without the auto-connect PTO because the dealer and several people on this forum said it was a bad idea. Once you get the snow blower on the first time it is a snap to put it on again. STRONGLY recommend when mounting the snow blower to remove the bar from the MMM lift and not the entire lift. The dealer installed and removed the entire lift and when I put it back on it took me quite a while to get it on and adjusted properly.

If you get the auto-connect for the PTO I was told you have to remove parts before you can put on the blower.