What do you think of a David Brown 990?

/ What do you think of a David Brown 990? #1  

busshman

Tractor
John Deere 1010 RU
Still looking at tractors. If you read my earlier post, still looking at the JD 2040 but found this David Brown 990 with loader. Still have to call and get specs on it but I was curious on peoples opinions of David Brown tractors, Parts availability etc etc

Thanks
Busshman

/ What do you think of a David Brown 990? #2  
We have a 885 David Brown. Dad bought it when it was just a few years old. It had been used hard, he thinks logging due to all the sticks he found between the tire and rim. Now it is used almost exclusively for hay raking but it does see some time with a little bush hog or box blade.

In my experience almost all parts can still be bought through Case. The hydraulic system are the hardest parts to come by.

Ours runs like a sowing machine and even if I bought a replacement I wouldn't trade the old girl .

/ What do you think of a David Brown 990? #3  
We bought a new 990 in '76. Excellent tractor but we didn't have a loader on it. Kept it for 12 years and wish I still had it. Parts should still be available from Case.

/ What do you think of a David Brown 990? #4  
My Dad bought a new DB 990 in 1968 replacing an Oliver 88. We had always used Olivers since my relatives were Oliver dealers. By 1965 they had dropped Oliver and picked up AC, New Holland hay equipment and David Brown. I was 19 at the time and liked the tractor however my Dad didn't think it was Oliver quality. The tractor pulled a three bottom plow easy enough however the hydraulics were somewhat weak. Over all the tractor was a good tractor. Parts for the 990 can be found at CIH and AGCO since the 990 was sold also as the Oliver 600.

/ What do you think of a David Brown 990? #5  
The two guys who chided me about my not giving my living area when inquiring about parts may jump on you so be prepared. They kinda own this website and are particular with their turf war. Be careful.

/ What do you think of a David Brown 990? #6  
The two guys who chided me about my not giving my living area when inquiring about parts may jump on you so be prepared. They kinda own this website and are particular with their turf war. Be careful.

As you can see, many posters put their geographic information in the spot just under their user names for quick reference by those attempting to provide answers. Parts and equipment prices often vary by region. You can also use the signature line to post any other relevant info if needed.
That stuff really can be a time saver for someone trying to assist you instead of them asking where you're located, what model equipment do you have, etc.
I see that you have 140 + posts, by now you should have gotten a feel for how the site works.

/ What do you think of a David Brown 990?
There. I think I just changed mine.

Busshman