Comparison I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #1  

LeeWorm

Tractor
2013 Mahindra 3016 Shuttle w/ FEL & BH
In my search for my "new" tractor I have found myself looking at more makes and models than I ever realized existed. More importantly, I want to thank you guys for introducing me to some of those models; specifically murph1244 and GManBart on the recommendations of Kioti and LS. Of course just when I think that I am ready to make a final decision here comes an advertisement for Bransion tractors.

Any thoughts??? I have done a little bit of searching on TBN and the web in general and the general opinion is pretty predictable; those who own one love them. I think that at this point I am "spec'd" out and there comes a point where everything starts to look all too similar.

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #2  
That may tell you something, even those who don't own them acknowledge, John Deere, Kioti, Kubota, LS, Mahindra etc. make good machines.

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #4  
May I humbly add " New Holland " :confused3:

Yeah that's why I put "etc.", New Holland Massey Ferguson, Case etc.

Our Kubota dealer also handles New Holland and I really like their bigger tractors; wife said she couldn't handle a "blue tractor". :laughing:

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #5  
First question, as I sure others may have mentioned in other posts is what do you plan I doing with it? What's your terrain? This will determin how big and some other features you may want. What sometimes gets missed is: How long do you plan on owning it? Can you be sure that brand and parts will be available over that span? No company can gaurantee they'll still be around, but some compaies may be more stable than others if you looking for having the tractor long term.

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #6  
Good luck Leeworm. Hey I was just down in Houma LA last fall, first time I'd ever been there. Had a nice lunch at Billello's Cafe, walked to a flea market at the little park next door, went to the Walmart to buy a compass (this Yankee didn't want to get lost in THOSE swamps!), drove past all the cane fields out to some guys place that has Gator tours , maybe about 10 miles out of town. Liked the old cigar chomping guy who drove the boat and fed the gators. He's the real deal.

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #7  
Yeah just gets down to what one you like the most,lots of good ones to pick from. Could be control lay out or just color you like,all that matters is what works for you and your budget,no need in settling to many good choices. It cost more to get what you wonted in first place,a second time around.
I have no idea about Branson look like nice tractors but service would be my issue around here,is why I would steer away and stay with something has alittle better dealer support,may be different in your area. You may say why need a good dealer if have good tractor but with any something could happen,tractors fault or yours and it helps to have them there,so if an issue should arrise it gets taking care of without alot of BS.
Something I have done is gather up what ones on top of list of go look at them and get brochures, set them where you do most of your best reading:laughing:... It will work out!!!!

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #8  
That may tell you something, even those who don't own them acknowledge, John Deere, Kioti, Kubota, LS, Mahindra etc. make good machines.

I was gonna suggest Bobcat, but then I remembered those bowstards quit making them!
:laughing:

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #9  
Why is it so hard for some folks to pick a tractor? :confused3::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ I think I've wandered off the beaten path...with the possible selection of a tractor #10  
Why is it so hard for some folks to pick a tractor? :confused3::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sometimes, too much information results in analysis paralysis. I was lucky, before I even knew about TBN, I asked the local tractor dealer to keep an eye out for me on a good, used tractor that someone might trade in and he called a week later. Next thing I know, I own a B21.