Buying Advice Kubota L4600

/ Kubota L4600 #1  

Cotjockey

Tractor
Kubota L4600
Does anybody know if they are going to discontinue the L4600. And if so would it still a good idea to buy a new one ?

/ Kubota L4600 #2  
Question #1: Don't know.
Question #2: No reason to be skittish about a current model of a major brand. Even brands that are re-badging tractors made by others provide parts support. Kubota makes its own stuff (engines, trannys, chassis, etc.) and you can still order essential parts for the very early Kubotas sold in the 1970's, more than 40 years ago, because there are lots of them still in use today. L4600 is kind of unique because it's assembled at a Kubota plant in Thailand... their other models are assembled in the US or Japan... don't know if that would make any difference to you. Otherwise, if that model is suitable for your needs and you like it, best of luck shopping!

/ Kubota L4600
Question #1: Don't know.
Question #2: No reason to be skittish about a current model of a major brand. Even brands that are re-badging tractors made by others provide parts support. Kubota makes its own stuff (engines, trannys, chassis, etc.) and you can still order essential parts for the very early Kubotas sold in the 1970's, more than 40 years ago, because there are lots of them still in use today. L4600 is kind of unique because it's assembled at a Kubota plant in Thailand... their other models are assembled in the US or Japan... don't know if that would make any difference to you. Otherwise, if that model is suitable for your needs and you like it, best of luck shopping!

Thanks a ton for the info Grandad4. It's really nice having help just a click or two away....

/ Kubota L4600 #4  
The L4600 is a Very good tractor. It replaced the L4400 a couple years ago. B&L has a 4400 and loves it!

I went to look at one a year and a half ago, but dealer was sold out. Came home with a L3800DT, deal was too good to pass on. :D

/ Kubota L4600 #5  
I have an L4400 which was replaced by the L4600. My L4400 has never let me down. Easy to maintain and use.