Buying Advice Cabela's selling Compact Tractors

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #141  
If they cap the number of hours for a particular warranty job, or force you into a flat rate schedule that's unrealistic, it's not really billing at the shop hourly rate.

I guess if the tech goes over as the shop has to do it for basically nothing the tech does not get paid for those hours worked.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #142  
I seriously doubt Cabela's gives a crap about this thread or TBN. After all, we aren't the one's they will be selling these tractors to. We all have done our home work or should have. They will sell these tractors to the casual shopper that decides to buy a tractor the same day he or she sees one at the Cabela's store. Just like the people with more money than sense at the Harley Dealers. Look on Craigslist at all the used Harley's with under 2k miles on them. Those are the people who will buy these tractors.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #143  
I seriously doubt Cabela's gives a crap about this thread or TBN. After all, we aren't the one's they will be selling these tractors to. We all have done our home work or should have. They will sell these tractors to the casual shopper that decides to buy a tractor the same day he or she sees one at the Cabela's store. Just like the people with more money than sense at the Harley Dealers. Look on Craigslist at all the used Harley's with under 2k miles on them. Those are the people who will buy these tractors.

You are probably right ... as the old saying goes, "There's a sucker born every minute." :cool:

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #144  
"I don't care what the newspapers say about me as long as they spell my name right." Normally attributed to P.T. Barnum, but frequently debated.

Cabela's must love this thread!

This has sure been interesting to say the least. Just to play this back, after seeing so many posts related to Cabela's tractors that presented lots of questions and more than a few things being written that were not true, I decided to identify myself and post a summary that laid out all of the facts related to Cabela's now offering tractors and implements. I know this forum well, and I knew that there would be some negative comments, but it seemed worth to at least let folks know about Cabela's approach. In the end, for those that have a genuine interest in knowing the facts and not speculating, there is now something to refer to. That was the goal. For those that posted supportive comments, or made the effort to ask others to tone things down a bit, I thank you. For those that thought that being overly critical is how they serve fellow TBN members, God bless you, and I sincerely wish you the best, even if you might happen to work at or own a competitive tractor dealership. Again, I am not a Cabela's employee, I'm an Ag Equipment guy who is helping Cabela's put together a new business. Nothing more, nothing less. One thing that I am absolutely certain of is that neither me nor anyone else that's involved in what Cabela's is doing will ever find it necessary to speak poorly of another, whether they are a competitor or a tractor enthusiast. We choose to let our customers judge how well we serve them, just as any good business does.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #145  
This has sure been interesting to say the least. Just to play this back, after seeing so many posts related to Cabela's tractors that presented lots of questions and more than a few things being written that were not true, I decided to identify myself and post a summary that laid out all of the facts related to Cabela's now offering tractors and implements. I know this forum well, and I knew that there would be some negative comments, but it seemed worth to at least let folks know about Cabela's approach. In the end, for those that have a genuine interest in knowing the facts and not speculating, there is now something to refer to. That was the goal. For those that posted supportive comments, or made the effort to ask others to tone things down a bit, I thank you. For those that thought that being overly critical is how they serve fellow TBN members, God bless you, and I sincerely wish you the best, even if you might happen to work at or own a competitive tractor dealership. Again, I am not a Cabela's employee, I'm an Ag Equipment guy who is helping Cabela's put together a new business. Nothing more, nothing less. One thing that I am absolutely certain of is that neither me nor anyone else that's involved in what Cabela's is doing will ever find it necessary to speak poorly of another, whether they are a competitor or a tractor enthusiast. We choose to let our customers judge how well we serve them, just as any good business does.

I like your forthright upfront attitude. And I know more about the Cabela's brand now than I did. Thank you.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #146  
The fact that an advisor to Cabela's is taking part in this thread means someone there cares about TBN, this thread, and any connection to their company that comes up.

It's a safe bet that all the major manufacturers, or the companies who have their marketing and PR contracts, are on here as well. All of the big marketing and PR companies have teams dedicated to social media, and online forums...it's one of the biggest growth areas in both PR and marketing.

In fact, advertising through forum participation is considered a very high return on investment activity, and fairly new. Cabela's just hired Olsen as their PR company, and they've won a bunch of awards for being one of the most innovative companies out there.

Yeah, no OEM/Brand would care at all about TBN. Really? AGCO, Massey, Deere, NH, Bobcat, Kioti, and Mahindra are, or have been, paid advertisers here. Anybody wanna bet that Cabela's might be next?

Last edited:
   / Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #147  
Ever wonder why more people "in the know" or factory types don't post on forums? Maybe TBN could turn this thread into a sticky so if anybody ever asks you could link them to this one.

That Tractor Guy started out with good intentions but like on every forum, some on here have gone WAY over the line. Rest assured, if Cabela's sees these posts, he will no longer be posting and on a personal level, why would he? Nothing like insulting a person you don't know. It's the exact reason I don't participate in forums that deal with my business, just as the others in the industry won't. There's very little upside and it's the reason most businesses forbid their employees or agents to participate in public forums.

I don't think thats true at all. I'm here, and have been for a long time. There is upside. You just have to be willing to swim with the sharks and realize that you loose control of your corporate message. While its causes stress at time, it builds trust and respect and over the long haul people will reward you for it.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #148  
I heard stories about a fella that used to come around these parts ... went by the handle "Mahindra Don." Anybody know him?

--------- --------- ---------

While its causes stress at time, it builds trust and respect and over the long haul people will reward you for it.

Potentially, but not always. Sometimes a dealer might come around and actually hurt his own reputation and actually discourage trust, depending on the comments he or she makes.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #149  
When did Cabela's become an OEM? :confused:

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #150  
Tractor Guy

I am impressed with the professional and polite way you have handled yourself on this thread.
All you are doing is giving us the facts from Cabela's point of view, and these facts will make us better informed as consumers.
I think it is good that Cabela's is selling tractors, that means more competition which can mean better equipment and better prices.