Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    None

Default Re: Cabela's selling Compact Tractors

Quote Originally Posted by Wheresmy View Post
    It looks like the MSRP for the LM35 (35 hp shuttle-shift) dropped to $17,999 and the LM35H (35 hp hydrostatic) dropped to $20,099. I don't recall what the LM35 shuttle-shift was priced at, but the LM35H went from $22,899 MSRP to $20,099 MSRP if I recall correctly. Supposedly the free loader promo expired yesterday, though it is still listed on the website.

Here are the current MSRP listings on the Cabela's website:
    Code:
    LM35:   $17,999  (35 HP, Shuttle-shift, Open Station)
    LM35H:  $20,099  (35 HP, Hydrostatic, Open Station)
    LM43:   $21,699  (43 HP, Shuttle-shift, Open Station)
    LM43H:  $23,199  (43 HP, Hydrostatic, Open Station)
    LM43HC: $26,399  (43 HP, Hydrostatic, Cab)
    LM50:   $23,799  (50 HP, Shuttle-shift, Open Station)
    LM50H:  $25,799  (50 HP, Hydrostatic, Open Station)
    LM50HC: $29,899  (50 HP, Hydrostatic, Cab)
    The prices are still a bit high, but if they continue the free loader program the prices are now much closer to comparable TYM tractors. For instance, I found a T433 with Shuttle-shift and loader online for $20,592. If Cabela's continues the free loader program, the same LM43 at $21,699 is pretty close in price. Supposedly the free loader program ended yesterday, though it is still listed on their website at this time.
    Yesterday I thought that Cabela's was making a smart move by lowering their Regular price. Today I found out that I was wrong and it's too late to update my post. Yesterday Cabela's had these prices posted as a "Regular Price", but today they have updated their website to reflect these prices as "Sale" prices while at the same time raising the "Regular" price to higher than it was last week, most likely to make the "Sale" prices look better. For example, the represented "Regular Price" of the LM35H is now $23,499 rather than the $22,899 it was a week ago (with a free loader too).

It's just Corporate Pricing Games, nothing new.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 650, Ford 8n, John Deere Model 70 Kubota BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by Wheresmy View Post
    It's just Corporate Pricing Games, nothing new.
    They are good at playing games.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1920 4x4 (traded in on Kubota). Case 480F TLB w/4 in 1 bucket, 4x4. Gehl CTL60 tracked loader, Kubota L4330 GST

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee140 View Post
    They are good at playing games.
    "Skimming" is the corporate marketing term. Set the price high to fleece part of the market upon introduction, then lower the price to appeal to the meat of that market, once the sheep are sheared.

Tractor
    TYM 503

Yes, it is identical to my 503 TYM. The best tractor I have owned so far.

Tractor
    John Deere: 750, 2010, 1020, 4020, 3020, 4200, 4430, 4630, (2)4850, 8520, 9200, 6150M, and 5075E Kubota: B3030, and L3400 Case IH: MX270, and STX 375 LS: R4047H Ford: 8N

I know i am bringing this thread back from the dead... But i was talking to Doug in person today (The Tractor Guy)... he explained how at the end Cabelas wasn't much more expensive than other brands. Cabelas up front cost includes tires made in USA a 3 year warranty, currently a free loader etc.... I sat in the 43 HP tractor with cab today and was beyond impressed with the fit and finish... Its a very nice tractor for this size. The tractor i was in also had a very nice radio... IMHO it was a very good decision for cabelas to jump into the tractor business.

From left to right. Kubota L3400 Kubota B3030 John Deere 4200 and John Deere 750

Tractor
    Massey 1648 HST Cab

Quote Originally Posted by Green Power View Post
    I know i am bringing this thread back from the dead... But i was talking to Doug in person today (The Tractor Guy)... he explained how at the end Cabelas wasn't much more expensive than other brands. Cabelas up front cost includes tires made in USA a 3 year warranty, currently a free loader etc.... I sat in the 43 HP tractor with cab today and was beyond impressed with the fit and finish... Its a very nice tractor for this size. The tractor i was in also had a very nice radio... IMHO it was a very good decision for cabelas to jump into the tractor business.
    FYI ... the Titan tires they use are the same USA made ones that practically everyone else uses too... and nearly every other brand offers that free loader program too.
    Massey 1648 Cab - Hustler Z Diesel 66" ZT mower
    2007 F-450 Crew - 20' PJ Equipment Trailer
    QA 6ft bucket * 5ft Custom Grapple Bucket * QA Forks * 8ft Rhino Back Blade
    7ft Rhino Box Blade * 7ft LandPride Rake * 6.5ft KK HD Box Disc * Middle buster plow
    WorkSaver SG-26 Stump Grinder * Wallenstein BX42s Chipper * 8ft Ford Brush-Mower
    7.5ft Western QA snow plow (still under construction)

315 hrs @ 10/13/04

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Quote Originally Posted by Green Power View Post
    The same tractor, with the same "free" loader, the same tires, and the same warranty costs less if you buy it from TYM.
    Life is short, time is precious, buy enough tractor!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740, Gravely 8199G

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    The same tractor, with the same "free" loader, the same tires, and the same warranty costs less if you buy it from TYM.
    Well, I'd expect it to. Another set of fingers in the pie. And well dressed fingers too.
    nice to have choices actually.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler

Quote Originally Posted by daugen View Post
    Well, I'd expect it to. Another set of fingers in the pie. And well dressed fingers too.
    nice to have choices actually.
    That wasn't the point of the comment. People are claiming that the Cabela's machines aren't that much more expensive, and justifying the higher price because of things like a free loader, tires made in America etc, when those things simply aren't unique at all.
    Life is short, time is precious, buy enough tractor!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat

I guess like Bill Clinton... depends on the meaning of "is" is.....

Depends on your meaning on "not that much more"

Lots of people will gladly pay for the name brand Cabelas

To each their own!

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast