Buying Advice Cabela's selling Compact Tractors

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #11  
One giant question. Why would you buy a farm tractor from a place that sells doe pee?

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #14  
Some say a John Deere must be as good as buck pee! Not me tho. :)

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #15  
I can see it now, "Buy a compact tractor and get 25 rounds of .22LR for free."

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #17  
I wonder how many more tractors they would sell if they really did offer it with a pickup full of ammo.
Now there's a marketing approach...

Better be really, really sure of how you are going to get service before you buy.

Hi. Is this LL Bean? Yes? Good. I have a Ford Explorer LL Bean limited edition, I'd like you to work on. What????

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #18  
I would think Cabelas did not get where they have in the marketplace without figuring out service agreements ahead of time
:rolleyes:

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #20  
One giant question. Why would you buy a farm tractor from a place that sells doe pee?

I'm naturally sceptical myself, so I get where you are coming from. On balance, I think there's value in what they are doing (they have a big name to risk), in conjunction with what's going on in many areas.

Certain parts of the continent have had many tractor dealerships close. Some people have zero dealers anywhere near them. As long as Cabela's provides at least basic service, they will get customers, esp. in these under-served geographies.

Rgds, D.