Buying Advice Cabela's selling Compact Tractors

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #281  
I'll second the diverter, I have mine tied to the dump function of my loader with the microswitch still black taped (after seven years) to the joystick to control my grapple. I prefer the diverter as I have the feather control of the loader valve where my only rear remote is of the detent type and feathering is almost impossible, a real pita when I have my snow-blower chute hooked to it, can't remember how many snow showers i've taken trying to feather the chute around. I guess whatever you prefer or can afford is acceptable and adaptable, just don't get too rapped up in what if's. Oops, i've read so much on this thread that I forgot what this thread was started about until I posted. Me bad, as far as Cabela's goes selling tractors, are they going to be doing there own servicing or farming it out to local shops. Didn't realize Cabela's was that big an outfit to get into tractors. Never been to a store as there are none with striking distance of my homeland. I'vs read somewhere that there was one opening in Moncton, NB, but that is two hours away from me. Maybe some day.

Steve

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #282  
I say why not both. I have a bypass on my FEL curl function. I like keeping my hand on the FEL controls. But I also have dual rear remotes and hoses running from the rear to the front. Gives you the ability to have 2 hydraulic functions in front and up to 3 in the back if necessary.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #283  
I originally had my grapple hooked to my rear remotes, and it took me about THREE minutes to figure out that THAT wasn't going to cut it!!

When I'm loading my trailers,

standard.jpg

or putting logs on my sawmills deck,

standard.jpg

I need TOTAL control as I'm creeping forward, and as I don't have three hands, I need to have one of my two, on the loader joy stick and the other better be steering! There's NO WAY I'd go back to plugging my grabble into the rear remotes!

SR

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #284  
Re: Cabela's selling Compact Tractors Heck of a price till March 26, 2015

LM35

http://www.cabelas.com/assets/AreasOfPassion/WLM/011315_package.jpg

Not thrilled with their non sale pricing, but as i figure it your buying a bare tractor for $15,000

I wonder how well they would stand by warrantee if you put +500 hours per year on it?

Wounder what Freight and additional charges typically run?

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #285  
The Cabelas tractor does come standard with a diverter valve on the joystick. I think they should come standard on all tractors but that was before realizing children would go hungry.

View attachment 416986

Nice that the Joystick is set up for the diverter, but the valve is extra. Most other Mfg's you have to add both.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #286  
Nice that the Joystick is set up for the diverter, but the valve is extra. Most other Mfg's you have to add both.
Note the button is a diverter.control nit a true third function switch. If upgrading from using rear remotes, a true third function is better and not a whole lot more than diverter.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #287  
   / Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #288  
I just wonder who at Cabelas is gonna fix them.... The teenage sales associates? Not.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #289  
I just wonder who at Cabelas is gonna fix them.... The teenage sales associates? Not.

Exactly my concern too. Would you buy a tractor from LLBean or Amazon?

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #290  
Let's see they have mechanics fixing the boats they sell. They can easily either hire a tractor mechanic or send a boat mechanic to school for repair.