Buying Advice Cabela's selling Compact Tractors

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #31  
But it is camouflage guys

Sent from my Samsung SPH-L710 using TractorByNet

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #32  
Same here. Compare the TYM pictures from: TYM Tractors - T503 with the ones on the Cabelas site (note how the rear remotes are laid out).
Also, look at the back of a Mahindra 5010 (made by TYM per: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/241301-50-hp-tractor.html#post2806680) and compare the plate under the PTO to the one shown on the Cabelas site:
View attachment 330666

Aaron Z

Assuming the Chinese cloned a compact tractor? I wonder what make and model was cloned ?

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #33  
Assuming the Chinese cloned a compact tractor? I wonder what make and model was cloned ?

It appears just to be a TYM rebranded for Cabelas. TYM is definitely not a Chinese clone tractor.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #34  
Yes, it is a TYM, not a Chinese tractor. My problem with it is that it's about $10,000 higher than you can buy a TYM for. The same tractor except that it's red and says "TYM" on the side.

I suspect the prior posters are correct about the price being artificially inflated so it can be perpetually "on sale." Sorta like what Sears (and other retailers do). "Save $6,000!!! Regular Price $39,995; On Sale for $33,995 while supplies last!! Limit 10 per customer. Buy 2 tractors and get a 50-round box of .22LR bullet for 50% off the normal price of $50!!!"

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #35  
Walmart is next in line for tractors the way the world is going. Maybe on line at Amazon.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #36  
I think Northern Tools set the stage here. Would love to know how many tractors they sell mail order. I always wondered what would happen if the hydraulic pump conked out in the middle of the field. Who comes and fixes a new mail order tractor that's dead in the fields? Granted that isn't likely to happen, and tractor owners tend to be self reliant and will get things fixed.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #37  
I cannot see cabelas doing well with this at all.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #38  
I cannot see cabelas doing well with this at all.

I'd be inclined to agree, but from the number of both crated and ready to go units in stock at the north Fort Worth Cabelas, it sure looks like they expect to sell a lot of them.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #39  
I'd be inclined to agree, but from the number of both crated and ready to go units in stock at the north Fort Worth Cabelas, it sure looks like they expect to sell a lot of them.

You'd think they did some market research. But who knows maybe they'll a home run and put other tractor dealers into bankruptcy, though I doubt that.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #40  
You'd think they did some market research. But who knows maybe they'll a home run and put other tractor dealers into bankruptcy, though I doubt that.

Yeah, I'm sure no good at guessing what products and companies will succeed and which will not.:laughing: I've sure been surprised many times by companies I expected to do well and didn't, as well as some that are successful when I thought there was no way they could be.