Buying Advice Cabela's selling Compact Tractors

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #1  

nabor77

Tractor
John Deere 770
Hi,

I live near the Sidney Cabela's and I see that they are starting to sell tractors. They are branded Cabela's so I am curious how they stack up. Any thoughts on them?

Tractors : Cabela's

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #2  
Find out who makes them for cabelas. I am sure cabelas didnt just open up a tractor factor.

They look like they could be made by LS ?? But I am sure they cost more for the cabelas name.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors
I thought they looked like TYM from the photos.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #4  
I thought they looked like TYM from the photos.
Same here. Compare the TYM pictures from: TYM Tractors - T503 with the ones on the Cabelas site (note how the rear remotes are laid out).
Also, look at the back of a Mahindra 5010 (made by TYM per: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/buying-pricing-comparisons/241301-50-hp-tractor.html#post2806680) and compare the plate under the PTO to the one shown on the Cabelas site:
261210d1334686900-50-hp-tractor-5010.jpg

Aaron Z

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #5  
TYM MAKES THEM CABELA'S TOP AND TYM BOTTOM

wlm_thirdFunction.jpg

433feat2.jpg

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #6  
Not much ammo to sell maybe tractors will be easier to get these days.:D

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #7  
Are those attachments awfully expensive or have I been living under a rock?

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #8  
Without a doubt, TYM. Cheaper to get a Mahindra 5010 (also TYM, but with a Kioti engine) than one of these.....

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #9  
Be caeful before you sign... Not sure how it works with Bass Pro in USA, but up here if you buy an ATV (Arctic Cat) from them, if you have warranty issues, it has to go back to Bass Pro, even though there is a Cat Dealer 15 minutes south of me.

/ Cabela's selling Compact Tractors #10  
Be caeful before you sign... Not sure how it works with Bass Pro in USA, but up here if you buy an ATV (Arctic Cat) from them, if you have warranty issues, it has to go back to Bass Pro, even though there is a Cat Dealer 15 minutes south of me.

We may not like it, but there are a number of deals like that. For example, I used to have a Craftsman air-compressor, made by DeVilbiss, even with a plate on the side of it showing it was made by DeVilbiss, but the local DeVilbiss dealer could not do warranty work on it. Sears got a better price by agreeing to handle all warranty work in-house. I'm sure Bass Pro and Arctic Cat have a similar deal, and no telling how many other companies do the same.