John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #231  
Your logic is really loopy. Why are all of the sudden trying to bring Kioti into the equation here? The debate is between LS, Kubota and John Deere; not Kioti. Sorry, I provided the information. The burden of proof now rests on your doorstep, unless you just cannot do it; then in that case I accept your surrender!

All of a sudden? You guys are comical at this point...

I mentioned Kioti in my very first post in this thread. So NOW you want to make an issue of it after it makes your argument look even weaker?

Last edited:
   / John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #232  
The thread title suggested yet another Deere vs Kub battle....turns out those two are now allies facing every other brands lol

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #233  
The thread title suggested yet another Deere vs Kub battle....turns out those two are now allies facing every other brands lol

I get a Hoot out of that myself. Don't tell the JD owners around here there equal. I'll say this once more Kioti is were Kubota was 30 years ago knocking on the door ready to kick it in and will raise prices.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #234  
I get a Hoot out of that myself. Don't tell the JD owners around here there equal. I'll say this once more Kioti is were Kubota was 30 years ago knocking on the door ready to kick it in and will raise prices.

You may well be right and Kubota is going to have to improve on what they offer especially in what is considered their base tractors. My brother bought a Kioti CK27 to haul around a few months ago. He was initially going to buy a Kubota but after pricing the and the features, he went out of state and bought the Kioti. It is a very nice little machine.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #235  
Yeah, next time it will be a debate about whether or not JD/Kubota/Kioti are worth the premium over the likes of RongFu/LS (can you believe some people actually buy those things?!?).
;)

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #236  
Yeah, next time it will be a debate about whether or not JD/Kubota/Kioti are worth the premium over the likes of RongFu/LS (can you believe some people actually buy those things?!?).
;)

These things always seem to run off the rails no matter what the competing brands.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #237  
These things always seem to run off the rails no matter what the competing brands.

Reminds me of my grandkids... fighting like cats and dogs over some silly thing one minute and then having a great time together the next. Child psychologists would say that's part of growing up, but my theory is it's genetic... mother nature put a quarrelling gene into human DNA as an entertainment mechanism or something. Actually, it is kind of entertaining, to a point.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices
Got the LS,

21k with the Tires juiced. Have about ten hours on it mostly mowing. 3 point stabilizer arms bent up when the pin came out. Bent them back and put a locking pin in there no problem. Dealer is giving me new arms as it is. The 3 point hydraulic speed control spun out as the lock nut must have been loose and shot about 5 gallons of hydraulic oil out. The dealer sent a guy out with oil and a new o-ring on a Friday afternoon before the 3 day weekend. The head and dash lights went out the other day. It's not the fuse. Dealer is sending a guy out.

When the hydraulic oil spewed out and I was waiting on the repair a used JD 4120 came up on craiglist with 190 hours a back blade and a 6 ft brush hog for the same price I paid for the LS. The loader cycles faster than I thought it would. Lifting a bunch of railroad ties lifted the back tires off the ground I will have to try that again with the hog on the back.

Got the 42" quick attach forks from palletforks.com with the 60" extensions. Really like the forks. Jury is still out on the extensions.

Only time will tell if I made the right move on the LS. The commercial nursery next door swears by the brand and the dealer. It will work fine for now. I hope it lasts years and the company grows and is around for a long time. We will be buying smaller tractor in about 5 years to get up and down the narrow rows to spray etc. Hopefully I can buy an LS with confidence.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #239  
Got the LS,

21k with the Tires juiced. Have about ten hours on it mostly mowing. 3 point stabilizer arms bent up when the pin came out. Bent them back and put a locking pin in there no problem. Dealer is giving me new arms as it is. The 3 point hydraulic speed control spun out as the lock nut must have been loose and shot about 5 gallons of hydraulic oil out. The dealer sent a guy out with oil and a new o-ring on a Friday afternoon before the 3 day weekend. The head and dash lights went out the other day. It's not the fuse. Dealer is sending a guy out.

When the hydraulic oil spewed out and I was waiting on the repair a used JD 4120 came up on craiglist with 190 hours a back blade and a 6 ft brush hog for the same price I paid for the LS. The loader cycles faster than I thought it would. Lifting a bunch of railroad ties lifted the back tires off the ground I will have to try that again with the hog on the back.

Got the 42" quick attach forks from palletforks.com with the 60" extensions. Really like the forks. Jury is still out on the extensions.

Only time will tell if I made the right move on the LS. The commercial nursery next door swears by the brand and the dealer. It will work fine for now. I hope it lasts years and the company grows and is around for a long time. We will be buying smaller tractor in about 5 years to get up and down the narrow rows to spray etc. Hopefully I can buy an LS with confidence.

I wish you luck with your new machine. Happy Tractoring!

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #240  
Hopefully you are just having a few bugs that once worked out will be fine. It would be frustrating on a new machine, make sure your dealer takes good care of you.