Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by PoorPlowboy View Post
    Don't go giving the guy buyers remorse over minor things. My new orange 7040HDC with 49.5 hours just spent 4 weeks in the shop diagnosing a faulty fuel filter/primer housing leakdown that resulted in a no start condition. It didn't hold enough pressure to keep the high pressure fuel pump primed. Any color tractor can have a bug or two and it sounds like his dealer is taking care of him.
    Sounds like your dealer needs some new mechanics.

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Default Re: John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    Oh my...This much trouble in the first couple of days and I would have sent the tractor back to the dealer for a refund. Three Kubotas in 20 years (over 2500 combined hours) and I have yet to make the first repair (outside of normal maintenance). It looks like the OP was on the right track until this forum steered him onto another brand. I hope it works out for him.
    Ya I hear ya.My 2006 kubota RTV 900 had 3 things go wrong in the first couple months of ownership.Stuck with it and had them fixed.Does that mean all Kubota products are bad?I think not.coobie
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 241, Massey Ferguson 2244 crawler, Case 580 Super M Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by ovrszd View Post
    I would agree with PoorPlowboy in a normal discussion. But, this thread has been nothing close to normal discussion. It's been 250 posts of arguments/discussions/rants about how great an LS tractor is. There's a thread over on the LS forum doing the same thing. "Great tractors, no one ever has a problem".

So, I'm with Orangeguy. The OP is already having remorse. Especially after he found the used JD at a great price.

What's a shame here is that this discussion drifted totally away from the OP's initial question. He politely tolerated all that influence. In the end bought a tractor to save initial cost versus the two tractors he already had in mind. Hopefully the bugs can get worked out and he can have a lengthy, enjoyable relationship with his new tractor. To do that he'll hafta stop looking at Craigslist.....
    What's interesting is that you think things happened that way, when they didn't.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

Quote Originally Posted by GManBart View Post
    What's interesting is that you think things happened that way, when they didn't.
    No, what's interesting is you haven't heard a word anyone said in this entire thread if it wasn't pro LS.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Platinum Member

GManBart, calm down. No one is attacking you. This is just a discussion. Not sure why you have to sell your brand so hard????

Normally, human nature being what it is, when someone avidly defends their position so hard it's based on insecurities. Now we've drifted so far that the OP is out of this discussion. We did good huh......
    No insecurity on my part. I bought a Deere and a NH. Brand names to me means resale, parts availability, and confidence. I have " saved " money before and that lesson lingers long after the sale.

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, Ford 3910FWD, JD2210

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Blue View Post
    No insecurity on my part. I bought a Deere and a NH. Brand names to me means resale, parts availability, and confidence. I have " saved " money before and that lesson lingers long after the sale.
    Well stated, so have I. My wife sometimes says, "Couldn't you have bought a cheaper one?" I say, initially yes, long term, probably not.
    Richard

"Happiness isn't having everything you want, it's wanting everything you have."

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LS XR4046HC, Ariens 60" max zoom zero-turn- Cub Cadet zero turn-Cub Cadet 1050 Rider

I had a kubota, the paint fades really bad.LOL

Tractor

No, what's interesting is you haven't heard a word anyone said in this entire thread if it wasn't pro LS.
    Fail....epic fail....on several fronts. I've never said anything negative about any of the brands mentioned here as far as quality and features. Heck, I've often said some of the features are cool...just not worth what they charge for them. It's my opinion that some brands are overpriced, and that you pay a heck of a lot more for just a little difference...and often less actual core capability. Less HP, less PTO HP, less FEL capacity, etc, etc, but a higher price. Those sorts of things aren't really in question, but you guys refuse to at least admit reality.

Did you guys miss the part about the OP knowing someone locally that runs LS tractors (think it's a golf course), owns a bunch of them, and has had good luck with them? That's what got him headed in that direction, not anything said here, or at least not just what was mentioned here. Talk about not reading things you don't want to hear.

Funny, I don't recall anybody actually coming up with a real answer to any of the hard questions about kubota or Deere. They typically reminded me of when a parent says "because I said so"...if that's proof, oh wait, it's not! When I was asked if LS Has planetary final drives, nobody would reply when I posted the proof that they do. Mature? Not really.

At least the OP won't have to worry about a 4X20 Deere leaking radiator fluid out the head at the front cover, as has happened with so many in the last few years. Oh wait, those must all be lies! Or any of the problems that have been documented with the eHydro system. Oh wait...must be more lies.

The guy had a nut back out, a pin pop loose, and a light issue....not exactly earth shaking issues. The dealer will get them fixed, and he'll still have $10K more in his pocket than if he went with greene or old orange.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX 5000

Fail....epic fail....on several fronts. I've never said anything negative about any of the brands mentioned here as far as quality and features. Heck, I've often said some of the features are cool...just not worth what they charge for them. It's my opinion that some brands are overpriced, and that you pay a heck of a lot more for just a little difference...and often less actual core capability. Less HP, less PTO HP, less FEL capacity, etc, etc, but a higher price. Those sorts of things aren't really in question, but you guys refuse to at least admit reality.
    I have enjoyed your posts and you make some good points but to some a mature dealership network and a well recognized brand spells peace of mind and is worth the extra cost.

At least the OP won't have to worry about a 4X20 Deere leaking radiator fluid out the head at the front cover, as has happened with so many in the last few years. Oh wait, those must all be lies! Or any of the problems that have been documented with the eHydro system. Oh wait...must be more lies.

The guy had a nut back out, a pin pop loose, and a light issue....not exactly earth shaking issues. The dealer will get them fixed, and he'll still have $10K more in his pocket than if he went with greene or old orange.
    Not really fair given the numbers out there, of course you will read or hear more about hickups from the more popular models and brands. Think Toyota recalling record numbers a year or two back., now that made the news.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by DieselnHooters View Post
    I have enjoyed your posts and you make some good points but to some a mature dealership network and a well recognized brand spells peace of mind and is worth the extra cost.

Not really fair given the numbers out there, of course you will read or hear more about hickups from the more popular models and brands. Think Toyota recalling record numbers a year or two back., now that made the news.
    A mature dealership network is certainly worth something, no doubt. I can get parts and service (to include warranty) at LS, Case, and NH dealers....kind of a trifecta!

Sample size always counts, but if you listen/believe some folks posting here, the vastly superior engineering acumen, and higher quality materials would almost preclude the kinds of problems I mentioned. Really, how could the almighty JD mess up their engineering soooo badly that they start dumping coolant between the head and front cover? Why are there so many posts about error codes, and sorting out eHydro problems? Those folks must be on the take, or something....

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 162324252627 LastLast