John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #261  
Sounds like your dealer needs some new mechanics.

Possibly. But then again Kubota may need new regional managers because one of them was on top of it every step of the way. It was not a common problem that is dealt with regularly.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #264  
That was a screw up by the dealer. They did not check the remote for leaks like they should have.

Kind of like the dealer not checking the nut on the 3pt speed control/lockout maybe? Nah....

It'll be interesting to see if the FEL problems he mentioned continue.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #265  
Kind of like the dealer not checking the nut on the 3pt speed control/lockout maybe? Nah....

It'll be interesting to see if the FEL problems he mentioned continue.

Why should the dealer check the nut on the 3pt speed control?

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #266  
Every bolt on my Yanmar LX, including the adjustment and linkage nuts, has two dots of paint on them. Each nut/bolt etc is checked twice at the factory and gets marked when the torque/adjustment is checked. Do they not do these checks on the other name brand tractors? Slackers. :)

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #267  
Any tractor brand can have initial problems connected with dealer setup, so it is more about individual dealers than brand. The Kubota L60 is a new design necessitated by Tier IV compliance which included rerouting hydraulics and to me and others it doesn't appear Kubota was able to do a good job on this modification. New models first production runs often have some teething problems anyway.

As to the mentioned LS, only time will tell if this is a problem tractor, one problem tractor doesn't mean much to me, I have had a POS John Deere, Case and Massey Ferguson in lifetime, but still consider them to be good quality brands overall.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #268  
Why should the dealer check the nut on the 3pt speed control?

I would think they'd check the nuts/locknuts/cotter pins on any controls that turn or move. Still, there isn't much difference between a dealer missing something like that, and the installer at the factory....a minor human error, not an indication of a bad product. That's essentially what happened to the Kubota...part wasn't installed quite right, and it wasn't checked appropriately (or maybe they forgot the correct zip tie...lol).

Short version, little things like this can, and do, happen to any brand....that was my point.