John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #31  
Thats one problem(getting the run around) I had with John deere dealerships when I bought 2011 JD X740 diesel lawn tractor.Went to 4 JD dealers and got 4 way different prices.The one I bought from was $1000 bucks less than the other 3.Go figure?IMHO JD dealers think they are somewhat god like and have the best product out there.coobie

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #32  
The 8gpm was the implement flow for the LS, the Deere has an implement flow of 12gpm approximately.

And these differences are the type that show up under close scrutiny. To the unknowing buyer, who cares. Add a couple remotes and a 3rd function to drive various hydraulic equipment and it becomes extremely important.

I'm not sure what the hydraulic flow rate is on my M9540 but I wish it had more. Normally I have a 3rd function attachment on the FEL and all three rear remotes coupled to something. When doing multiple functions at once I max it out and find myself waiting slightly for action.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #33  
Thats one problem(getting the run around) I had with John deere dealerships when I bought 2011 JD X740 diesel lawn tractor.Went to 4 JD dealers and got 4 way different prices.The one I bought from was $1000 bucks less than the other 3.Go figure?IMHO JD dealers think they are somewhat god like and have the best product out there.coobie

Coobie, that's what I found at my local JD dealer. I got a price quote, then shopped around, then went back to my JD dealer with prices I'd gotten on other brands. He said I should buy the Kubota and didn't offer to budge any off his first quote, which was several thousand above the Kubota price. Pricing a 5075M against a M9540

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #35  
The Deere Sales person speculates that some of the foreign tractor companies may not make the switch to tier IV and so go the way of the dodo bird.

I did notice an LS dealer not too far away. Before I pull the trigger on a purchase I will be sure to test one out and get a quote.

I'm getting frustrated with Deere. The quotes are purposely convoluted. I'll negotiate to a number in one area and just when I think we have a deal they move their numbers up in another area.
Also the quotes between dealers have large discrepancies with layout and price.

I appreciate any and all insights.

I wouldn't be surprise if some of the foreign tractors with a smaller footprint here decide it's not worth the expense, and trouble to make their product Tier IV compliant, but some already have made that switch. LS has updated their website with the new models, and they've had them at farm shows for a few months now.

There is some sort of weird dynamic at many dealers, regardless of brand, that can be frustrating. I talked to some that were very helpful, and others that almost wouldn't give me the time of day. I called one to get a quote, and he simply couldn't do it on the spot, and had to call me back a day or two later..."oh, they just changed the incentive programs". After he called me back, I called another dealer, and that one gave me conflicting info on the current incentive program. It got me to thinking that maybe those programs are more driven by the dealers than the manufacturers. I don't understand how a tractor sales guy doesn't have a list of base prices, and at least a ballpark with the standard options most folks want.

Another TBN member priced out a tractor, and some implements from two dealers within a reasonable distance from him. The closer dealer wanted something like $250 more than the slightly farther dealer. When he asked if the closer dealer would match prices, the dealer told him to buy from the other dealer...it's like they're offended that you even talk to another dealer, much less another brand.

If I was in the tractor sales business, I would eat these guys alive...and sadly, some of the biggest brands seem to be the worst offenders. They must be relying of repeat business, and hoping that name recognition and being the closest dealer will generate enough sales to get buy.

If there is a Kioti or Mahindra dealer around, I'd take a look at those as well...very nice machines.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #36  
There is a dealer near me that sells Kubota, New Holland, and is also an AGCO dealer so they have the MF compacts as well. If you go in and ask about a New Holland or MF they will actually talk negatively about them and try to sell you a Kubota. It is so blantant it's shocking.

I have two pretty good JD dealers near by. When I bought my tractor I got a quote, did some brand shopping, went back and said here is what I want and here's what I'm willing to pay. They found a way to make it happen. Of course I ended up installing some of the options myself to help get the price down.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #37  
There is a dealer near me that sells Kubota, New Holland, and is also an AGCO dealer so they have the MF compacts as well. If you go in and ask about a New Holland or MF they will actually talk negatively about them and try to sell you a Kubota. It is so blantant it's shocking.

I had the same experience. Went into the Kubota - New Holland dealer and asked for a quote on a New Holland. Not only did they trash other brands, but trashed New Holland, and refused to even get me a quote for what I asked for. :shocked: :mad: Told me that Kubota was the only way to go. Needless to say, I did not purchase a tractor from them. ;)

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #38  
I saved around $3000 on the 4240 by shopping around. The same deal goes for vehicles or really anything, you have to shop around.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #39  
I had the same experience. Went into the Kubota - New Holland dealer and asked for a quote on a New Holland. Not only did they trash other brands, but trashed New Holland, and refused to even get me a quote for what I asked for. :shocked: :mad: Told me that Kubota was the only way to go. Needless to say, I did not purchase a tractor from them. ;)

My Bobcat came from a dealer that sell Kubota and New Holland. The salesman was well aware of the problems I had with Bobcat. When the time came for me to get something else he said we are not going to talk about a NH. They very rarely stock a Boomer.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #40  
My Bobcat came from a dealer that sell Kubota and New Holland. The salesman was well aware of the problems I had with Bobcat. When the time came for me to get something else he said we are not going to talk about a NH. They very rarely stock a Boomer.

I guess what I don't understand is if that is how they feel about a certain brand, why carry that brand that they don't even want to sell? :confused2: