John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #41  
Tim - The CEO of AGCO was interviewed in one of the trade journals I get (Construction & Ag Equipment design). He came right out and said that they now had a good reliable well featured lineup in their larger M-F products but he said their compact lineup admittedly needed redesign to catch up with the market. So many of the dealers today carry multiple product lines (New Holland and Kubota together are quite common). The dealers build up experience and know which product to push. I wouldn't always take it as a negative when a dealer steers you away from one brand he sells for particular models. Having lived through the growing pains of many different products during my career there are some models I wouldn't touch based on experience. Unlike auto dealers, ag and construction equipment dealers don't always get paid for full cost of warranty work. Can't blame them for steering customers to a different brand they sell if they know what the customer has asked about is a clunker.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #42  
Tim - The CEO of AGCO was interviewed in one of the trade journals I get (Construction & Ag Equipment design). He came right out and said that they now had a good reliable well featured lineup in their larger M-F products but he said their compact lineup admittedly needed redesign to catch up with the market. So many of the dealers today carry multiple product lines (New Holland and Kubota together are quite common). The dealers build up experience and know which product to push. I wouldn't always take it as a negative when a dealer steers you away from one brand he sells for particular models. Having lived through the growing pains of many different products during my career there are some models I wouldn't touch based on experience. Unlike auto dealers, ag and construction equipment dealers don't always get paid for full cost of warranty work. Can't blame them for steering customers to a different brand they sell if they know what the customer has asked about is a clunker.

While what you say may be true, for me anyway, they never even new what I was looking for other that a New Holland. Is there a chance that they might make more $$$$ from the Kubotas? :confused3:

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #43  
I guess what I don't understand is if that is how they feel about a certain brand, why carry that brand that they don't even want to sell? :confused2:

They were forced to sell Bobcat.

I think they sell NH for the larger tractors and hay equipment. They actually advertise the NH Boomers on the radio even though they don't carry them.

The actually bought out a Kubota dealer to get the line. I heard they paid up in the millions for it. I think they like to sell Kubota because they are more relibale than the other 2 brands.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #44  
While what you say may be true, for me anyway, they never even new what I was looking for other that a New Holland. Is there a chance that they might make more $$$$ from the Kubotas? :confused3:

Well, they certainly charge enough more for them to make that possible!

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #45  
I think they sell NH for the larger tractors and hay equipment. They actually advertise the NH Boomers on the radio even though they don't carry them.

Something is wrong with that scenario. If they don't want to sell them, and would rather sell Kubota, why bother advertising the smaller models? Draw the customer in to see one product, them steer them to something else (more expensive). Sounds more than a little suspect.

How were they forced to sell Bobcat? :confused:

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #46  
Something is wrong with that scenario. If they don't want to sell them, and would rather sell Kubota, why bother advertising the smaller models? Draw the customer in to see one product, them steer them to something else (more expensive). Sounds more than a little suspect.

How were they forced to sell Bobcat? :confused:

Maybe NH gives them money to advetise?

Bobcat did not give them a choice like they did to all the dealers

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #47  
They will always try and sell you the brand they will make the most profit on.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices
Here in Hood River there is a dealer that sells both Kubota and Deere. They push the Orange over the green blatantly.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #49  
Actually, that's not correct. The LS website has old data on it for some reason. The current LL4101 loader lifts 2,638lbs to max height at the pins and the breakout force is 4,354lbs.

For so much less money, I can handle only being able to lift 150lbs or so more :D

Does that include the reduction for the SSQA? Most companies don't but Kubota does now.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #50  
GManBart brings up good points about looking at all brands and not only the two leaders. Oh and I am no LS cheerleader as I have never even seen one, fact is I have never heard of those before this thread. They do sound like good value, of course you recoop some of the extra $$$ on resale for the Kub and JD but that may be way down the line if ever.