John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #1  

HARRISONM3

Tractor
NONE
With Loader and HST
Deere 31,400
Kubota 29k ish

I'm leaning toward the Deere as the model has been out for a while and it doesn't have a DPF. Also like the lift capacity of the 400cx Loader

The HST+ and price are pretty attractive on the Kubota side.

I appreciate any and all thoughts, opinions and pearls of wisdom.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #2  
I think those prices are $5-10k higher than they should be...which is why I quickly skipped both brands and models.. My LS has more HP, the loader lifts 300lbs more, weighs more, has a longer warranty, and comes with more features, minus HST+, and was $21,500 out the door. They Deere has more 3pt lift, and they both have a bit more FEL height. I just don't see the extra $8-10k anywhere....maybe $1500 for HST+ is reasonable, but that's it. A Kioti DK45SE would be a bit more expensive Han my LS, but still beat the Deere and Kubota in standard features and specs.

Last edited:
   / John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #3  
I know nothing about an LS tractor. But are you saying it has all the features of the Deere or Kubota?? Think about that carefully before answering. Not picking on your tractor, just saying I've heard this conversation before. Then when it gets right down to comparisons the difference list seems to grow.

HarrisonM3, I'm surprised those two priced out that close. When I was shopping locally the Deere was considerably higher. As is always the case, I found things I liked better about the Deere and things I liked better about the Kubota. Beyond the price difference, I didn't like the weight difference, Deere being considerably heavier. If I was doing more AG work and less Utility work that woudn't have been a big deal though.

For the small difference in price that you've found, I'd want to spend more than a couple minutes in the seat of each and buy whichever made me feel the best. Good luck with your choice and let us know what you decide.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #4  
Since you asked about a John Deere 4120 and Kubota 4060, I won't tell you to buy a LS, Mahindra, Massey Ferguson etc.

I like both tractors and bet you will be happy either way you go. Having used an HST for quite some time and now an HST+, I really and I mean really prefer it, hard to overstate how handy it is for me. Thing is I was definitely underwhelmed by it until I spent several hours using it.

I don't see either one as a "better" tractor and pretty much agree spending time on both and picking the one you like best.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #5  
ovrszd, you say that you know nothing about LS tractors and yet you say
Then when it gets right down to comparisons the difference list seems to grow.
This sounds like you must know something about them? :confused3: ;)

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #6  
Can't say anything good or bad about the kubota but I have put 1500 hours on a 4120 ehydro and can't complain about how it has performed. What are you going to use your tractor for? Reason I ask is that it can make a difference on which brand suits your needs. For instance my dad bought a Kioti Dk45 a couple years ago. It's a nice machine but different. It is more like a small farm tractor than a compact utility. It has draft control on the 3 point whereas the Deere does not. It is physically bigger than the Deere and had a larger turning radius. That makes the 4120 handier for finish mowing the lawn but the Kioti better for pulling a plow.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #7  
With Loader and HST
Deere 31,400
Kubota 29k ish

I'm leaning toward the Deere as the model has been out for a while and it doesn't have a DPF. Also like the lift capacity of the 400cx Loader

The HST+ and price are pretty attractive on the Kubota side.

I appreciate any and all thoughts, opinions and pearls of wisdom.

You have already pointed out the 3 biggest differences, price, loader capacity, and HST+.

I have the LA854 loader which I think is similar to what is on the new L60. It is very powerful.

You will not be able to truly appreciate HST+ driving the tractor around the dealers lot. You need some seat time.

One drawback to Deere for me is I think they do not use SSQA on their tractors.

I would look them over and see what you like the best.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #8  
I think those prices are $5-10k higher than they should be...which is why I quickly skipped both brands and models.. My LS has more HP, the loader lifts 300lbs more, weighs more

Your LS lifts 11lbs more to full height on the loader than the Kubota. It weighs about 140lbs more than a L4240.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #9  
You can get the SSQA as an option on a 4120.

/ John Deere 4120 V.S. Kubota Grand L4060 w/ prices #10