Comparison Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #11  
But wasn't there a lot bigger spread in the prices? He is showing $500 here, the spread should be a lot more I think... I believe the Masseys are made by Iseki.

I don't remember the model of the Massey, but it was around 35hp and looked a lot like a L3800. The price was real close, with the Bota slightly less, but I bought a L3800 with 14 hours for 15k and a 4K savings.

They are all good tractors! Buy what ya like and can afford...

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #12  
I don't remember the model of the Massey, but it was around 35hp and looked a lot like a L3800. The price was real close, with the Bota slightly less, but I bought a L3800 with 14 hours for 15k and a 4K savings.

They are all good tractors! Buy what ya like and can afford...

Probably a 15xx series..Massey.. The 16xx series is upscale

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision.
Thanks to all for the prompt replies. Both price quotes include 5' rotary cutters, QA buckets, loaded R4's and toothbar. The Kubota dealer quoted $1250 for a landpride rotary cutter and an additional $200 fee to fill the rear tires. The Massey dealer quoted a Howse rotary cutter for $850 and no fee to fill rear tires. I received 3 quotes from 3 local Kubota dealers within relatively close proximity and went with the lowest quote. I understand comparing the Massey 1635 to the L3800 is not apples to apples, but for nearly the same money the Massey offers more capability and features. Again, I had my heart set on Kubota from the outset. My gut tells me the Kubota is bulletproof. My fathers b series has 4470 hours with only a few issues. Perhaps I should have asked what can I purchase in the low $20,000 range. Either way, the Massey appears a much better value. But I'm unsure about long term reliability. I wish a current 1600 series owner could pipe in. Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and expertise. It really does help in the decision making process.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #14  
Thanks to all for the prompt replies. Both price quotes include 5' rotary cutters, QA buckets, loaded R4's and toothbar. The Kubota dealer quoted $1250 for a landpride rotary cutter and an additional $200 fee to fill the rear tires. The Massey dealer quoted a Howse rotary cutter for $850 and no fee to fill rear tires. I received 3 quotes from 3 local Kubota dealers within relatively close proximity and went with the lowest quote. I understand comparing the Massey 1635 to the L3800 is not apples to apples, but for nearly the same money the Massey offers more capability and features. Again, I had my heart set on Kubota from the outset. My gut tells me the Kubota is bulletproof. My fathers b series has 4470 hours with only a few issues. Perhaps I should have asked what can I purchase in the low $20,000 range. Either way, the Massey appears a much better value. But I'm unsure about long term reliability. I wish a current 1600 series owner could pipe in. Thanks to all for sharing your knowledge and expertise. It really does help in the decision making process.

Go over to the Massey forum and ask there. Massey has been around a loooooong time, I doubt that they would have Iseki build them junk.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #15  
Let me ask you a question..have you ever hooked up a 3pt implement using the "standard" 3pt lower links and turnbuckles. And have you hooked up one with telescoping lower links and telescoping stabilizers? They make them for a reason, the the reason is so that your swear word vocabulary stays low.:)

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #16  
Go over to the Massey forum and ask there. Massey has been around a loooooong time, I doubt that they would have Iseki build them junk.

Yep:thumbsup:

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #17  
Let me ask you a question..have you ever hooked up a 3pt implement using the "standard" 3pt lower links and turnbuckles. And have you hooked up one with telescoping lower links and telescoping stabilizers? They make them for a reason, the the reason is so that your swear word vocabulary stays low.:)
I have telescoping stabilizers on my L3800. They are very nice! I don't want the lower links that way I do not believe. Never use any though

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #18  
The Land Pride is a better mower and worth the extra $ in my opinion. You are right about Kubota being bullet proof! They are and the 3800 is a very simple, no frills, bullet proof model! But the Massey should treat ya right also, I'm not knocking it. Go drive both and see what feels right to you.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #19  
I have telescoping stabilizers on my L3800. They are very nice! I don't want the lower links that way I do not believe. Never use any though

The telescoping stabilizers help a bunch, but the telescoping lower links just complete the package, and allow you to "just get close" to the pins, you do not have to exactly back up in line with the pins, or "horse" the implement around to make it fit. A lot of guys use a prybar for the heavier implements to get things lined up. But with telescoping lower links, it is easy.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #20  
The telescoping stabilizers help a bunch, but the telescoping lower links just complete the package, and allow you to "just get close" to the pins, you do not have to exactly back up in line with the pins, or "horse" the implement around to make it fit. A lot of guys use a prybar for the heavier implements to get things lined up. But with telescoping lower links, it is easy.
I don't change implements that often, but I can see where that would be handy. Not a deal breaker though if a tractor doesn't come with em. :)