Comparison Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #21  
Ok, here are my final thoughts on these choices.. No one has ever made a bad choice by buying a Kubota, But there are other brands to consider, You just have to compare features you would use vs. price you would pay. I have never owned a Massey, and I have owned 2 Kubota's, including the immediate predecessor to the L3800 you are considering. The L3400hst, it was a 2010 model. I am sure you will be very pleased with either of the choices.. My only thing is I would choose the Massey because it has more useful features, more hydraulic flow, ease of adding remotes, and is generally in a different class than that particular Kubota. Kubota, makes upscale tractors too, and they make "standard" tractors. Their product line is probably the most diverse of any of the manufactures. But I would not be scared in the least about the reliability or parts availability of a long term company like Massey Ferguson. To me it is a "no-brainer".. for $500, you have stepped up to a different class of tractor. You can't usually do that.

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #22  
I would say its not an apples to oranges comparison as it is hamburger to steak. Not knocking the burger (kubota) but the massey just is giving you more for the money. Another thing is its not like your thinking about buying some fringe tractor brand that may not exist in 5 years, Massey is a major world tractor brand.

You went into it wanting to like the Kubota better, and now your surprised by MF. If it was my money, I would get the 1635.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #23  
My cousin just got a L3800 with the r4's and the hitch didnt seem that bad,nice tractor to run. The Massey seems like getting more tractor,just not the mower,maybe thats the lower line of Howse mower for $850. Look at the design,the flat-deck is much easier to clean. Regular maintance on either tractor it should serve you well,I just know from my experience Kubota has...

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #24  
You've got a couple of things going on here. First, you have a premium MF tractor being offered at a great price. Next you have a standard Kub tractor with maybe not such a smokin' hot price. Then you have a utility grade Howse cutter with the Massey and a premium Landpride cutter in the Kubota package... maybe $500 difference. If you put all the equipment on equal terms, the Kub would probably come out with a higher price than the Massey by a few thou. Spread over 20 years, not a whole lot, and you'd have to ask yourself which one suits you the best. But if you're trying to spend the least amount of hard cash now and get the most for what you spend, the Massey takes it. Good tractor, good company... if you like the unit enough, time to get out the checkbook. If you still have a lingering doubt, let the Kub dealer know you're going red unless something else sweetens the Kub deal.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #25  
. . . The Massey seems like getting more tractor,just not the mower,maybe thats the lower line of Howse mower for $850. . . .

Yes, that's the light duty Howse mower. But stepping up to the medium duty is only another $300 or $400.

To the OP, I'd buy the Massey and count my blessings that I found (1) a major brand tractor (2) that I really liked (3) at a great price (4) from a dealer I trust (5) who is 5 minutes from my house. We should all be so lucky. I'm still tractor shopping and would love to buy a Kubota, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. I'd snatch up that Massey deal in a minute.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision.
Well, decided to take a trip to the Kubota dealership and check out the Kubota L 3540. The L3540 is definitely more of a apples to apples comparison with the Massey 1635 in terms of size and features. I did like the HST better on the Kubota,not so whiney ? However, the Massey seemed quieter and smoother(less vibration) by comparison. As much as I want the Kubota the price is just out of my budget. I tried to get 3 dealers to compete for my business, but could not approach the price of the Massey 1635. I did mention to every Kubota salesman the Massey seemed like a better value or more tractor for less money. To the Kubota dealers credit, not a single salesman made a disparaging comment against the Massey. One Kubota salesman mentioned it was a very good tractor. Very impressed with the professionalism of the Kubota dealers. So, I through caution to the wind and put a deposit down on a 1635. Had it not been for the close proximity and my positive experience with Massey dealer I would be getting the L3800. But, as it stands the Massey just appears like more tractor for the money. If the Massey ends up being a piece of crap, I'll have no one to blame but myself. I want to express my sincere gratitude to everyone for sharing their expertise.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #27  
Congratulations on your new tractor, I am sure it will serve you well.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #28  
Well, the saying goes that it didn't happen until you post the pictures! You have a good setup... please learn to use it well, enjoy the heck out of it and be safe.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #29  
You're going to be very happy...nice machine, no doubt.

/ Kubota L3800 vs Massey 1635 ? Please help me make the right decision. #30  
Congratulations on your new tractor, and we would not only like to see your pictures, we would appreciate if you would come back and tell us how you are getting along with your new purchase, and perhaps some show it in action pictures.

James K0UA