Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #1  

94BULLITT

Tractor
yes
It has nothing to do with the capabilities of the tractor. It is the size of the tractor. It is bigger than the competition. Mahindra used to make a tractor, the 1816. It was sold as a compact tractor. Now that they sell the Max it no longer sold. The max is even more than the "comparable" Deere.

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #2  
This again??

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #3  
The never ending battle.

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #4  
Any tractor with rear tires larger than 26 X 12 - 12 is not a SCUT. Any SCUT without position control on the three point hitch is not a tractor.

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #5  
Any tractor with rear tires larger than 26 X 12 - 12 is not a SCUT. Any SCUT without position control on the three point hitch is not a tractor.

Is this your opinion, or from some international organization of tractor categorizing?

I have a b7300 that doesn't have position control, does this mean its not a real tractor?

P.s. I still can't figure out why anyone cares.....

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #6  
No, not international, but domestic (USA). Nebraska Tractor Test Labs. If you or your tractor are not based in the USA then the guidelines may not apply. I'm pretty sure your Kabota would be outside of both the SCUT and tractor classifications. I would consider it an step in the evolution of home gardening tools, and we're all glad that they don't make em like they used too.

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT
So JD did not make a tractor til the 60's?

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #8  
There was a lot of food put on the table by JDs, FARMALLs, OLIVERs, and ALISS CHALMERSs tractors 60-70 years ago. If I understand this SCUT topic correctly, that is of little consequence.

A tractor with 26 X 12 - 12 rear tires (SCUT), and no position control on the three point hitch, would fall into a lesser category, like garden tractor or something like that. If the tractor has 27" or larger tires on the rear and still has no position control on the three point hitch, well then it just kind of falls in to the "not very easy to work with category".

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #9  
There was a lot of food put on the table by JDs, FARMALLs, OLIVERs, and ALISS CHALMERSs tractors 60-70 years ago. If I understand this SCUT topic correctly, that is of little consequence.

A tractor with 26 X 12 - 12 rear tires (SCUT), and no position control on the three point hitch, would fall into a lesser category, like garden tractor or something like that. If the tractor has 27" or larger tires on the rear and still has no position control on the three point hitch, well then it just kind of falls in to the "not very easy to work with category".

Maybe its a Garden Tractor

/ Is the Mahindra Max really a SCUT #10  
The 3 pt hitch was designed and patented with DRAFT control only. Ferguson designed it and had it on his black demonstration tractor, and then used on the 9N. The 8N came out with a lever that when activated, gave it
position control.. The Nebraska Tractor Tests said it was a tractor. There are other tractors with 3 pt. with smaller
wheels with draft control only. I would not call them a garden tractor...

Tom