Tractor Sizing Kubota L3800 -vs- L4600 For Stumping Etc.

/ Kubota L3800 -vs- L4600 For Stumping Etc. #41  
How's this to throw a monkey wrench in the works. My wife took me to a Massey Ferguson dealer and we both were very impressed with the 1635 with the FEL. Looks like the package that would come closest to the L3800 will be a couple grand more but it seems like a lot more tractor in many ways.
Stay tuned for the saga!!
Brian

Brian, your smart to check out other brands and not limit yourself to just one. Kubota makes excellent tractors but they're not the only ones!

/ Kubota L3800 -vs- L4600 For Stumping Etc.
The decision has ended! We bought a Massey 1635HL with R4 tires, chains added, CB20 BH and a Wallenstein FX65 skidding winch to do my logging and firewood.
The dealer should be delivering it Friday the 20th.
Thank you to everyone that gave such great input and help and put more than the called for time in to help me out with this.
We did spend more than I felt we wanted to initially but in the end, I think we got a pretty good deal with nearly $5K in rebates as well as the first 50 hour service thrown in as well. I know we'll be happy with this choice.
We worked the numbers based on a 6 year plan of all home improvements & maintenance required as well as 6 years of 95% wood heat. I also did a rough calculation of part time income from helping neighbors once I get the experience destroying things and making mistakes on my own projects!
So, I may do some updates but probably move over to the Massey forum so this thread can close.
Thank you all again VERY much!
Brian

/ Kubota L3800 -vs- L4600 For Stumping Etc. #43  
Congratulations on your new Massey. I think you will be very pleased with this more upscale machine with more features than your original choices. It also looks like you got some nice implements in the backhoe and the Wallenstein. Good luck with your new machine.

James K0UA

/ Kubota L3800 -vs- L4600 For Stumping Etc. #44  
Congrats on the new Massey...the 1635 is a nice machine. I'm sure some of the Kubota loyalists are crying now :laughing: