Who builds Cabela's brand tractors?

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
I never heard of Cabela's selling tractors, but it looks like they do. Who builds these for Cabelas?

Tractors : Cabela's

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #2  
Tym tractors

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #3  
I forgot that I intended to go by Cabela's today on I-35W on the north side of Ft. Worth.. They had a bunch of those new tractors in their storage lot last weekend, said they would go on sale the 21st and they had asked for volunteers among their employees to do some demonstrating this weekend. Maybe I'll get by there tomorrow.

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors?
Thanks, A friend told me about them and I was curious.

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #5  
I didn't see the name anywhere but it looks to be all Woods built attachments.

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #6  
ok the demo video says Cabela's by Woods on all the attachments.

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #7  
I got by Cabela's in Fort Worth this afternoon, and yes, the tractors are made by TYM, and all the implements I saw, finish mower, rotary cutters, tillers, box blades, front end loaders, were clearly labeled "Cabela's by Woods". Cabela's has tractors on display, both inside and outside, at least 15 and maybe 20 of them. I don't know anything about TYM's quality, durability, etc., but they really are some very good looking tractors.

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #8  
A couple of years ago, I seriously considered the TYM tractor. They add all the bells and whistles to their tractors instead of calling them add-on options. They appeared to be hella stout, with IIRC, Perkins diesels as the power plant. I was looking at a 603 model.

I had three concerns. The operator station wasn't "comfortable", as the seat was too far forward. I would have had to modify and move the seat towards the rear. My major concern was the lack of dealers and availability of parts. And of course, resale value.

Price wise, I thought it was a good buy for the actual tractor. I wonder how much Cabela is adding to the price compared to TYM? Also wonder if they will stock parts.....

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #9  
The operator station wasn't "comfortable"

I did not get in or on one, so I don't know about that, but way back in 1995 I briefly considered a Cub Cadet tractor and quickly eliminated it from consideration for the same reason. I got on one, didn't even start the engine, and knew it was not what I wanted.

I don't know about all the TYM tractors, but I think the two smallest Cabela's have Mitsubishi engines and the others have Perkins.

/ Who builds Cabela's brand tractors? #10  
TYM tractors under 40 hp are Mitsubuishi and over 40 hp are Perkins engines. From what I have seen this will be the same for Cabellas. I stoped in my local Cabellas this week and they said they would have them at a few stores this fall and adding more locations over the next 6 months. The salesman said they would be stocking some parts and may do service.