To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72"

/ To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72" #1  
Tractor
Kubota L2350DT
Hey,

I need opinions....I am interested in a Hustler ZTR based on my commercial landscape friend's recommendation for a mower that gives great bang for the buck. I have found a 2007 SUper Z with Cat Diesel on the used market. 400 hours on the rig. My landscape friend says I should buy new with the gas Kawasaki and get the warranty. The mower is clean, well maintained and for $6500, I feel like it is a pretty good deal.

Would you all provide opinions on whether a used machine with 400 hours is suicide or a good idea?

HEre's the ad for the mower: Hustler Super Z

/ To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72" #2  
I wouldn't worry about the lack of a warranty on a machine like that. If he bought it in 2008, and the hours are correct, that's not an unusual amount of use, and it looks clean. 400 hours on a diesel like that is just nothing...they're intended to be commercial machines that run that much in a year, and last for a long time. No way I'd rather have a new machine with a gas engine, but I'm sure some folks would rather have a small gas engine they can work on easier.

I have a Hustler, and it's been very reliable...no issues at all, and it's nowhere near as good as the Super Z. I will say that in that price range, I'd consider looking at something like a Ferris with a suspension system.

Last edited:
   / To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72" #3  
I think the price looks good for the amount of hours.
A new Super Z with a diesel is over double that price.

/ To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72"
That Ferris with the suspension is a sexy thing. Good point on looking for one with Springs!

/ To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72" #5  
That's a big machine... how many acres are you mowing.

/ To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72" #6  
Just check on where you can get that CAT diesel serviced. At one point only a CAT dealer could service the engine, the Hustler dealer could not touch the engine itself only the rest of the mower.

Just check on where you can get that CAT diesel serviced. At one point only a CAT dealer could service the engine, the Hustler dealer could not touch the engine itself only the rest of the mower.

Now this is really good advice. I'll look into that Monday!

I'm mowing a 10 acre place. That's why I'm looking for a BIG POWERFUL MOWER! (Yes, I'm yelliing cause I'm excited)!

/ To buy or not to buy....Hustler Super Z Diesel 72" #9  
I'm mowing a 10 acre place. That's why I'm looking for a BIG POWERFUL MOWER! (Yes, I'm yelliing cause I'm excited)!

Sounds like a sweet deal
Don't get over excited and wet your pants:D

Check on the avoiding wet pants. I'm going to call a local dealer and talk about servicing that Cat diesel.