Buying Advice What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less?

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #21  
I do have an 80 HP with a loader and is a 4X4, it is a Bellarus that I bought new 20 years ago, I have had great luck with it. But now I need to have that at a business that I have for snow removal over the winter. Your info has been worth more to me than anyone else could have been, as I don't like getting info from people selling something. So for 50 thousand, is this 7040 a good value, and would you buy it if you needed one? Again thanks a bunch.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #22  
I believe the LS line as a whole are good values. In my opinion and for my use I couldn't justify the difference in price like I said in my previous post.

Have you driven the tractor?

How did you get that price? Is that an over the phone or something a salesman shot at you in the parking lot or a serious sit down price? Is this a 2012 or 13?

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #23  
I did get that price from the dealer and I have not seen it or driven the tractor. I called the dealer and he said he had one, I later,called and talked with his secretary and asked if he would be in all afternoon, she said yes. I drove 50 miles to get there and the one the dealer has a tractor, but has it at a different location 100 miles away, so I have not seen it. It might be a 2012 as it is the tier 3 engine, it does have the newer cab, with a large movable steering column. I will go to see it before I buy. As I am sure you know, it is difficult to get 100 percent accurate info when talking to a salesperson.

Thanks for the help, and is anyone going to get upset with us for going off in a certain direction with this thread?

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #26  
Any idea if the 7040 is worth the $50,000 price the local dealer is asking, compared to what you paid. You have made some very helpful comments, so let me ask you this. Would you pay the added price for the few additions that I will get that you did not.

$50000 sounds way to high. Back before I bought my slightly used(137 hrs) M7040 HDC/MFWD/LA1353 loader/2 remotes/cast rear wheels for $36,500 I was priced a new one for $42,900

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #27  
Thanks for the reply, I will continue to research this. You have a dealer in Austin Texas that has a price of 47,675. I have not tried to negotiate with the dealer yet, but I will. He did indicate that 50 K was his best price. The tier 4 engine is coming soon, and I want to avoid that, more money and more trouble.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #28  
$50000 sounds way to high. Back before I bought my slightly used(137 hrs) M7040 HDC/MFWD/LA1353 loader/2 remotes/cast rear wheels for $36,500 I was priced a new one for $42,900
You are comparing a 70 HP (Kubota M7040) to a 90 HP (LS P7040). The M7040 is comparable to the P 7010 which I paid $35K for in 2010 with 3 rear remotes.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #29  
i gave $34,000 for my 7040 SU with fel 4x4 ROPS hydro shuttle.the delux 7040 package like mine wouldve been i think $36,500.i know my dealer has some 7040 cabs on the lot.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #30  
You are comparing a 70 HP (Kubota M7040) to a 90 HP (LS P7040). The M7040 is comparable to the P 7010 which I paid $35K for in 2010 with 3 rear remotes.

WRONG
I was replying to TheRealWorld not Gary Fowler.