Buying Advice What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less?

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #31  
Thanks for the reply, I will continue to research this. You have a dealer in Austin Texas that has a price of 47,675. I have not tried to negotiate with the dealer yet, but I will. He did indicate that 50 K was his best price. The tier 4 engine is coming soon, and I want to avoid that, more money and more trouble.

Have you checked prices at this dealer?
Washington County Tractor

Humphries Farms is where I bought my used M7040. He's an older nice person to do business with. He has a '09 M8540 HDC/MFWD/Loader with 1193 hrs on it for $37,500

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
   / What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #32  
TX Jim, TheRealWorld is asking about the LS P7040 which is actually a 97 HP tractor, I think that is what Gary Fowler was saying. It would be useful if manufacturers incorporated the HP into the model number. Called it the P7097 for instance. Kioti model numbers are pretty straight forward.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #33  
TX Jim, TheRealWorld is asking about the LS P7040 which is actually a 97 HP tractor, I think that is what Gary Fowler was saying. It would be useful if manufacturers incorporated the HP into the model number. Called it the P7097 for instance. Kioti model numbers are pretty straight forward.

I guess that depends one which one of Therealworlds posts one is replying[/quote]Any idea if the 7040 is worth the $50,000 price the local dealer is asking, compared to what you paid. You have made some very helpful comments, so let me ask you this. Would you pay the added price for the few additions that I will get that you did not.[/quote]

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #34  
Wonder what happened to the original poster?

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #35  
He will have a great deal of reading to do, and if he is like me, his decision is getting easier!

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #36  
As far as following the conversation here, I have been a bit confused, but thanks to you all, I understand it.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #37  
Hey, take a look at this video and let me know what you think. I am going to look at this tomorrow, and believe I will make a decision then. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

LS TRACTOR CANADA P7040 - YouTube LS P7040‏

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #38  
Wow I want one! I really don't know what I would do with something that large but I can still want one!