Buying Advice What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less?

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #1  

deerepower4620

Tractor
John Deere 2950
We are looking to upgrade our chore tractor. We currently have a 2950 Deere with MFWD and loader. Its been a good tractor but is getting a lot of hours on it and my dad is getting older so I'm looking for something with more comfort and ease of shifting as well as reliability. I'm looking at a $40K max budget and don't care about the brand as long as its dependable and economical. I have been looking at the McCormicks, Farmalls and New Hollands but don't know much about any of them. Things I am looking for in a tractor:

Minimum 85 hp, prefer around 90 or 95 hp

Comfortable Cab, heat, air

easy shifting

economical on fuel

MFWD

Handle a loader well

We use our chore tractor everyday for feeding bales, hauling bales, raking, mowing with a 9' disc mower

I would like to get something fairly new but I don't mind if it has maybe 1k hours on it or so since I know I can't get into a brand new one for $40k.

Thanks!

Cam

SW Iowa

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #2  
I purchased an LS 7030 with power shuttle that hits most of your needs. It's 88 hp, nice cab, real easy shifting, (40 forward 20 reverse speeds) on the fly hi-lo, FWD, 540/750/1000 pto and handles a loader very well. Not sure about how economical it is on fuel compared to others in it's class but I didn't pay much more than your limit brand new. I only have a little over 100 hrs but so far I really like it. Not a single problem so far. Welcome to the forum and Good luck in your search!

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #3  
If you don't mind, please tell us what you actually did pay, and did that include a loader? Thanks for your input

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #4  
$42,130 and yes that included the loader.

image.jpg

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #6  
Check out a Mahindra M Power 85 Cab, or 8560 Cab.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #7  
A 90 HP Chore tractor to me sounds like a contradiction in terms, but that is just the difference between being in IA or VT. How many HP does the 9 ft. disc mower need? And I imagine with an AC cab it would get to do the round baling as well?

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #8  
a 90hp cab tractor can do the cutting an baling with ease.

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #9  
Never heard of a ''chore'' tractor???

/ What is a good modern chore tractor for 40K or less? #10  
Just a matter of scale but if you use 90HP to do the chores what size is the primary tillage tractor?
Tough job matching that JD2950 for $40K even if that includes trading in the 2950. New it went for $30,000 without the loader back in 1985. Just inflation alone gets you up around $75k for any real match.