Comparison Needing Advice

/ Needing Advice #1  

Bowfisher09

Tractor
Mahindra 485-DI
I need advice on buying a new tractor but i dont know whats the best these days. Ive always been a Massey fan, my grandpa owned a 231 mid 90's model and they are tough!! So im looking at 40hp-55hp and between Massey, New Holland, Mahindra, or maybe even Kubota. Ive got 35+ acres of a clear cut and needs cleaning but im not gonna eveny try and break the bank with a 50k Dozer.

/ Needing Advice #2  
The Mahindra could probably get alittle more HP and alot more weight. Guessing going with 4x4 and loader grapple? All mentioned are good tractors but neither going to be new long cleaning up brush,sticks going places they shouldnt,etc. I bought a small dozer couple years back,its not the best but I only gave 6,500. Its had small issues along the way,i had to do some welding on such but has long since paid for itself and when I think got all the good,selling it for parts or scrap. It can do way more than I would put my tractor in. I higher the larger clearing out but tell them just rough it in,I will do the finish work. Maybe even get a mulcher machine come in,that just my two cents... d31p komatsu.JPG

/ Needing Advice #3  
I'd look at the Massey 1600 series, the NH Boomer 40/50, a similar Mahindra (not overly familiar with their line), and maybe a Kubota L4740. If you like the Boomer 40/50, don't bother buying one...go to an LS dealer and buy an R4041 or R4047....same machine (LS builds them for NH) with a better loader, and about $8K less. If there's a dealer in your area, I'd also look at a Kioti DK40SE/DK45SE/DK50SE.

/ Needing Advice
Yes i would like to have a dozer myself but finding one for that price is extremely rare, thats not a bad looking dozer you have for the price. Most older used d3 or d4s are running around 20k. And ive looked at skid steers over a tractor for reason being i could get a shredder, and more that a tractor could do but the price difference is outragous!! And GmanBart i have seen the LS but i havnt looked into them because first thought i figured they were a cheap tractor for i havent heard of them before, but you say they are a pull off of new holland?

/ Needing Advice #5  
GmanBart i have seen the LS but i havnt looked into them because first thought i figured they were a cheap tractor for i havent heard of them before, but you say they are a pull off of new holland?

LS is the original manufacturer that makes the Boomer series for NH. The company is LS MTron, which is a subsidiary of LG, the huge Korean conglomerate. They have a deal with Mitsubishi for engines, and other engineering areas that pretty much jump-started their program a while back. They also supply the Farmall B series to CNH. Until five or six years ago they sold tractors under the Montana, McCormick, and possibly other brands, and then decided to stand up LS as an individual brand. The LS sub-forum is pretty active here, and the warranty/problems have been infrequent, and minor issues for the most part. I can't recall anything major in recent history. I looked at mist of the big brands, and simply didn't see a huge difference, or even a slight difference really. Kubota and Deere have some more advanced options (HST+, etc), but for what many people do, I don't see the need....certainly not what I'm doing....clearing land, moving dirt, mowing, brush hogging, etc. all I'll say is they're worth a look, and very affordable. My R4047H (HST) was $21,500 out the door with FEL, dual remotes, work light, trailer 7-pin, etc.

/ Needing Advice
I looked them up and there is a dealer near by, just looking on their website they look like good tractors and in the end bigger name brands like new holland or massey, a big part of the price tag is the name. And you said they have a stouter loader?

/ Needing Advice #7  
And you said they have a stouter loader?

Yes, but it seems loader specs are sometimes suspect, so take them with a grain of salt. The LS loader for the 4041 and 4047 is spec'd at 2,634lbs to full height, at the pins according to the loader manual (the website still shows 2,500lbs from a previous version. The NH 250TL is listed at 1,940lbs to full height, at the pins. The NH does have 10" more lift height, so that should account for some of the difference. The inference in breakout force was somewhat larger in favor of the LS. 700lbs may not matter as much as the 10" to some folks....just depends.

I'd like to have an extra 10-12" of lift height, but it's really not limiting what I can do. I have run out of lift capacity many times, so I wouldn't want less than what I've got.

Aside from that, the operator's station isn't as big as some people like (fine for me) and I'd like more room between the fender and brake pedals....maybe a bigger fuel tank (it can still run about two days on a tank) would be nice. I haven't found a perfect tractor yet, but I think the things I'd change on my LS are really insignificant in the big scheme.

With all that said, take a look at a Kioti DK if you can....very nice machines, and just slightly more expensive....and their loader is a bit more powerful than the LS. I haven't got any experience with the Massey 1600 series, but the reports here all sound positive so far.

/ Needing Advice
Thanks For all the Information Gman its gonna help out alot when the time comes to purchase

/ Needing Advice #9  
Take a look at the Mahindras,something like the 4530. They have 0%-84mnths and a 5yr warrenty. My brother just bought the 8560, tough tractor.