Buying Advice Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #1  

TRocco

Tractor
2013 Kubota Grand L4240
Howdy. Over the weekend, I test drove a Mahindra 4035 HST and Kubota L4240 HST, both with a FEL. There is one dissimilarity that really sticks out; the 4035 weighs 1146 lbs. more than the 4240, though it makes four less HP. I realize that weight can be an advantage in certain applications. Last night, I checked the weight of comparable models by John Deere, MF, and New Holland. They are close to that of the Kubota. Does anyone know why the Mahindra is so much heavier and if I should see this as advantageous, generally speaking?

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #2  
Howdy. Over the weekend, I test drove a Mahindra 4035 HST and Kubota L4240 HST, both with a FEL. There is one dissimilarity that really sticks out; the 4035 weighs 1146 lbs. more than the 4240, though it makes four less HP. I realize that weight can be an advantage in certain applications. Last night, I checked the weight of comparable models by John Deere, MF, and New Holland. They are close to that of the Kubota. Does anyone know why the Mahindra is so much heavier and if I should see this as advantageous, generally speaking?
I would also compare Kioti DK45se with KL 401 front loader brand tractors .

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #3  
At the risk of starting a war, I'd suggest taking a long walk through the Mahindra forum. They seem to have more owners posting gripes and problems, for the size of the forum, than any of the other brand-specific sections. Nothing scientific about that observation, and every brand has its quality issues, but the traffic in that forum was enough to turn me off of the brand very early in my search.

Of course, Rush Limbaugh pimps them, so they can't be all bad.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #4  
You're actually comparing the lightest brand (on average) to the heaviest brand. Kioti, LS, NH, MF, and Deere in that size/HP are all pretty much 3700 to 4100lbs....so the Mahindra isn't all that much heavier than most (it's all relative).

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST #5  
I went with the 4035HST for the exact reason you're asking about and would do it again. Mahindra boasts being the heaviest in the class. Here in WV, a tractor runs out of traction before power, so weight is a requirement to do any work on these hills and we're generally always adding as much as we can.

I think if you look at the "Mahindra Owning/Operating" section, you'll find there's actually not much goes on in there. There are some posts of complaints, but they're normally either resolved same as any other brand, or turns out to be an operator error. If you look around, I've got a thread that shows a problem I had just after delivery, but it was a simple assembly issue that they took care. Picked it up Friday evening and returned it the following Monday morning. Another guy switching from a gear drive to his first HST had some issues making the change, his dealer seemed to take care of him ensuring all was well with his machine. Couple folk had issues with the wiring on their PTO switch rubbing and breaking the connection.

I look through the "new posts" which shows new posts in all the subforums, and see many more Kioti issues than Mahindra issues come up, and Mahindra is #3 in the US according to overall sales numbers (not sure where Kioti ranks without looking, but I'm positive JD and Kubota take #1 and #2 in some sorta order or another). I'm happy with my 4035HST and would do it again.

/ Mahindra 4035 HST vs. Kubota L4240 HST
Hi coobie. There are no Kioti dealers in my area. Thanks for commenting.

Hi gunmonkeyintl. Point noted. Rush Limbaugh...I think I just upchucked in my shorts. That dope missed his calling--grocery sacker.

Hi GManBart. ? The Mahindra is ~27% heavier than the tractors I checked. That's a significant difference.

Excellent info. Sysop. Thanks. No hills around here, esp. on our small plot of land. Does the tractor ever tear up your grass/turf, being so heavy? What kind of tires do you run? How do you like the two-pedal HST, vs. the rocking pedal of the Kubota?