OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor
Outstanding comments so far. I really appreciate the help.

The comparisons are difficult for sure, it seems like there should be an industry standard. Each manufacturer kind of camoflages there specifications, especially on the loader lift specs.

A few things that I left out are my budget (23K including impliments - loader, grapple, box, and shredder), desire for a "new" tractor for warranty purposes and weight limit to match my existing trailer
capacity.

I have certainly learned a tremendous amount through research here and the web. Most importantly, in the seats of of all four. Had I not driven them, I certainly would have bought the JD 38E and been pleased untill discovering the difficulty in third function modifications, two spead tranny and all the plastic.

Next is the Kubota. Meets all my criteria and will certainly do everything I need. About the only thing this unit does not have is the extendable hook-ups. Price $21,450 (tractor, loader, third function, 6' HD box' 6' HD shredder, grapple).

The Kioti was an eye opener. Never knew about the extendable hook-ups and all. This tractor too will do everything I want as far as I know. My only hang up on this tractor is the jerky controls for rear lift and the dealer is 20 miles away rather than 8 miles for Kubota. Also, dealer was not a fan of HST and tried his best to talk me out of it. Service priority was probably the best of the three dealers. Better warranty than Kubota too Price is $19,795 ( similar impliments, basically less warranty).
The Mahindra dealer just was not real interested in selling me a tractor. Took him a looong time to call me back and tried to sell me a tractor out of my budget.

I think it boils down to the Kubota being about 1K higher ( considering the higher quality impliments), but closer to me for dealer support. My stress level goes up with the Kioti. It is an awesome tractor, better warranty, more of a small town one on one feel with dealer and 1K cheaper.

Last comment - my "GUT Feeling" is to go Kubota?

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #12  
On the warranty, I have heard many folks get the Kubota insurance that covers a bunch of stuff. I don't have it, but have heard good things about it. It might fill the gap perhaps.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #13  
The plastic used on JDs isn't really "cheap". It's just a different way of doing things.

It won't dent or rust, for example. But it would break if hit hard enough, whereas the steel on the others won't.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #14  
I am obviously a fan of Kubotas, certain models at least, but recognize others make good machines. I would have the dealer put the rotary cutter on the 3PH on the Kubota and Kioti then check the lift out at all speeds including very slow as some have reported a jerky hitch on the Kubota Lxx00.

I personally have never worried much about warranty, but it is important to some, only you can decide. My dealer is about forty miles away and we do all our own maintenance.

The good thing is, either will make you a pretty happy guy.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor
Oh no! Just checked out the LS R3039H. This tractor certainly has merits. Looks like another rack and stack comparison.

Thanks guys!

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #16  
Oh no! Just checked out the LS R3039H. This tractor certainly has merits. Looks like another rack and stack comparison.

Thanks guys!

Oh no...now you've gone and done it! :eek:

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #17  
bowpro12,

No one can say that you did not do your research.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #18  
Looks like your research may be off on the loader specs. The Kioti loader is spec'd at 1151 to full height at the pins, and the Kubota 1121 to full height at the pins.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the three, but make sure you do a couple of things before getting to set on what to buy. One, try to compare apples-to-apples as far as the setup goes....i.e. the same number of remotes, quick attach for the FEL, telescoping lift arms, etc, etc...all the little things add up. You can't really compare prices if you aren't looking at similar options. Two, get hard quotes from dealers, not the online builder programs. Third, go sit on all of them, and run them as much as possible. Things that don't matter to me might really annoy you, or vice-versa.

Something that seems to happen regularly, is that people think they know which tractor they're going to like best, but wind up liking something else better, because of one or two little details that they can't overlook...that causes them to second-guess themselves. With big names like you're comparing, they all make a decent machine....you really can't go too far wrong with any of them.

Excellent post Bart!

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #19  
My only advise is after all is said and done and you have made your 1,2,3 rankings, go try one out...
You may not like how the tractor fits you...
I am not that tall but my left leg rubs one of the control levers on my 1720...
The tractor was used when I bought it and it has been flawless...
If I was buying new I would make sure that the next tractor was a little bit wider in the operator station platform...
Otherwise I love my unit...

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #20  
Good advice has been given here. Many people plan to keep their equipment for a long time and that brings up another couple things to think about. First, a difference of 10 or 20% in price may seem a lot at the time of purchase, but spread over ten years or more, it really isn't all that much, so your main criteria should involve which equipment you personally like the best. Also for the same reason, try to choose equipment that comfortably handles the majority of the work you anticipate. If you go too small, both you and the equipment will be constantly struggling to keep up.