OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #1  

bowpro12

Tractor
Kubota 3800 HST
I'm in the market for a 35-38 hp compact tractor. I started off with JD, Kubota, Kioti and Mahindra in the running. All because I have local dealers and support.
Must have or capable of:
Compact size
Hydrostatic tranny
Have or capable of single hand, third function for grapple bucket
Foldable ROPs
Maximum warranty
Gross vehicle weight less than 5.5k with loader and box blade

I've ruled out the JD 38E because of the difficulty in obtaining third function capabilities, flimsy plastic hood, non foldable ROPs and Couple other misc items.

Remaining are the Kioti CK35 HST, Kubota 3800HST, and Mahindra 3616HST

My remaining filters will include:
Warranty- Mahindra, Kioti, Kub
Horsepower- Kub, Mah, Kioti
Lift capacity- Kub, Mah, Kioti
Dealer Support- Kub, Mah, Kioti
Price- Kioti, Kub, Mah
Overall weight- Kioti, Kub, Mah

If my research is correct, the Kubota comes out with 3 first places, 2 seconds and a last on the most important filter.
Will I go horribly wrong with the Kubota?

Primary I use will be Brush clearing with grapple bucket, shredding and dirt moving, leveling etc.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #2  
Looks like your research may be off on the loader specs. The Kioti loader is spec'd at 1151 to full height at the pins, and the Kubota 1121 to full height at the pins.

I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the three, but make sure you do a couple of things before getting to set on what to buy. One, try to compare apples-to-apples as far as the setup goes....i.e. the same number of remotes, quick attach for the FEL, telescoping lift arms, etc, etc...all the little things add up. You can't really compare prices if you aren't looking at similar options. Two, get hard quotes from dealers, not the online builder programs. Third, go sit on all of them, and run them as much as possible. Things that don't matter to me might really annoy you, or vice-versa.

Something that seems to happen regularly, is that people think they know which tractor they're going to like best, but wind up liking something else better, because of one or two little details that they can't overlook...that causes them to second-guess themselves. With big names like you're comparing, they all make a decent machine....you really can't go too far wrong with any of them.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #3  
Wow. It must be early because there is no budget listed and Gman didn't give any LS tractor specs. I'll assume you're looking for a cheap tractor if you aren't considering the deere 3520 or it's 2014 R replacement. You should at least look at one because they come with a really nice third function loader handle with an integrated button. The deere also has Ehydro, another nice feature.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #4  
Good research, I do go through same process buying implements, using a spreadsheet. I like to calculate dollars/pound too.

As a retired marketing guy I have to comment: "Anticipation is half of Satisfaction".

If you end up at a tie, two way, or three way, I would make how you feel about the brand dealer the tie-breaker. I had a lot of questions for my dealer during the first two months. Had I known about T-B-N at the time I could have asked some questions, not all, here.

Do not calculate your weight max including implements. Calculate weight just on tractor. Whether you order default R3/Industrial Tires or R1/Ag Tires, or Turf Tires will make a slight difference in ground compaction.

However, maybe this is a trailer loading consideration??

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #5  
Wow. It must be early because there is no budget listed and Gman didn't give any LS tractor specs.

There's no need for that sort of comment. I don't do something you dislike, and you're going to go out of your way to bust my chops? Nice. He didn't ask about any other brands, or possible alternatives, and he already said why he's looking at those three brands (local dealers and support), so there's really nothing to add. He already has a good cross-section in those three brands.

I'll assume you're looking for a cheap tractor if you aren't considering the deere 3520 or it's 2014 R replacement. You should at least look at one because they come with a really nice third function loader handle with an integrated button. The deere also has Ehydro, another nice feature.

He's not looking at a Deere, so you're going to insult the guy and say he's looking for a cheap tractor? Wow...classy. Actually, he already said why he looked at the three brands listed...local dealers, and support.

After all of that, I'd still load up my "cheap" LS or Massey, and come pull that toy of yours out when it gets stuck :thumbsup:

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #6  
The 1026 is a Lawnmower compared to what he's asking about. If you buy the Kubota make sure you try the tractor your buying with a very heavy implement on the 3 point to see if it is smooth enough for you.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #7  
I can't do any better than to agree with GManBart, all are good and small differences like extendable lift links on 3PH, remotes, available options count and don't forget ergonomics.

I do believe in research and do a lot of it before buying, but have on more than one occasion bought a different tractor than the one that looked better on paper.

I have found also that it takes more than a few minutes on the lot to get a real "feel" for the machine though it can help a lot.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #8  
...differences like extendable lift links on 3PH

Especially for a first time tractor buyer, maybe THIS should be the tie-breaker.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #9  
I'm in the market for a 35-38 hp compact tractor. I started off with JD, Kubota, Kioti and Mahindra in the running. All because I have local dealers and support.
Must have or capable of:
Compact size
Hydrostatic tranny
Have or capable of single hand, third function for grapple bucket
Foldable ROPs
Maximum warranty
Gross vehicle weight less than 5.5k with loader and box blade

I've ruled out the JD 38E because of the difficulty in obtaining third function capabilities, flimsy plastic hood, non foldable ROPs and Couple other misc items.

Remaining are the Kioti CK35 HST, Kubota 3800HST, and Mahindra 3616HST

My remaining filters will include:
Warranty- Mahindra, Kioti, Kub
Horsepower- Kub, Mah, Kioti
Lift capacity- Kub, Mah, Kioti
Dealer Support- Kub, Mah, Kioti
Price- Kioti, Kub, Mah
Overall weight- Kioti, Kub, Mah

If my research is correct, the Kubota comes out with 3 first places, 2 seconds and a last on the most important filter.
Will I go horribly wrong with the Kubota?

Primary I use will be Brush clearing with grapple bucket, shredding and dirt moving, leveling etc.
Looks like you have a pretty good choice of good tractors. I looked at Mahindras when I bought my tractor and didn't find the fit and finish that great AND the red paint fades to a breast cancer PINK in a few years of sun exposure. Some of the Kubota's with 1/4 inching valve end up with a jerky 3 point lift so watch that on you Kubota tractor. I haven't really heard any repeat negatives on Kioti tractors from owners. All tractors have the occasional glitch that causes some warranty issues. I think most Kubota's only have a one year warranty so that would be the least of any of the other two I think.
If you intend to do dirt leveling, be sure to get a good box blade, FEL's aren't meant to do heavy digging as a stand alone implement. Soil needs to be loosened up first.
I think what your are going to condense it down to will be price and warranty as everything else on these is going to be nearly the same.
Since GManBart didn't mention LS tractors, I will. Go look at one prior to making your final decision.

/ OMG, Just can't decide on a tractor #10  
My thing would be What dealers are within 50 miles of you?