Price Check Trade in 2006 NH Boomer?

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #1  

topshop

Bronze Member
My dealer has offered to sell me a new, comparably equipped NH Boomer 35 for $7,000 plus my 2006 Boomer 34 (loader, HD bucket) with 750 hrs (including some hard hours digging roots/stumps, tilling, lifting). Is the newer line of Boomers of better or worse quality and features compared with my older one? Does this sound like a good deal or should I bargain--or would I just be better off with my current tractor?
Topshop

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #2  
I doubt you'll get a lot of feed back from those that have had older boomers and now have newer ones to discuss. Most folks in my area keep tractors for 20-30 years, maybe a life time, and don't trade them in often so knowledge comparing a line of similar tractors might be scarce. I just bought a 50 HP Boomer last month with FEL, AC cab etc. and love it. I've picked up thousands of trimmed limbs from my Pecan Orchard and disc harrowed 15 acres this last week all in air conditioned comfort, no dust, with the stereo on with outside temperatures between 99F-102F. I am a very happy camper at this point and the tractor runs and operates great. I used my new pallet forks with hydraulic claw to lift and move 800-900 pound sections of brick wall yesterday and am very impressed with how this unit works.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer?
I doubt you'll get a lot of feed back from those that have had older boomers and now have newer ones to discuss. Most folks in my area keep tractors for 20-30 years, maybe a life time, and don't trade them in often so knowledge comparing a line of similar tractors might be scarce. I just bought a 50 HP Boomer last month with FEL, AC cab etc. and love it. I've picked up thousands of trimmed limbs from my Pecan Orchard and disc harrowed 15 acres this last week all in air conditioned comfort, no dust, with the stereo on with outside temperatures between 99F-102F. I am a very happy camper at this point and the tractor runs and operates great. I used my new pallet forks with hydraulic claw to lift and move 800-900 pound sections of brick wall yesterday and am very impressed with how this unit works.

Thanks for your comments about your new 50 HP Boomer--it sounds like a beauty. You are right--it may be difficult to find someone who can give a comparison of the quality between a the new Boomer and the generation of a few years ago. There are some obvious differences that I have noticed, for example: new ones have gone back to metal vs. plastic body parts; PTO is now electronically activated and no more clutch; hand parking brake, and foot brake on left side with hydromatic; two-pedal forward-reverse on hydro; swing-arm locks on 3pt hitch seem lighter/weaker, and certain other parts appear cheaper as well. Their new 5/2 waranty seems strong. If anyone else has insights into my earlier question, I would love to hear. Thanks again.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #4  
The Boomer you are looking at is Manufactured by LS tractor and not Shibaura like your old one. So there are the main differences you are seeing including the warranty, it's between different manufactures. If you want to get different opinions on the LS manufactured unit go to the LS forum under other manufactures there don't seem to be any or very few concerns from what I have seen. But it all boils down to what you like and don't like, if you like the new boomer and it fits you then go for it heck it's new and has a warranty!

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #5  
You might even better the deal. I have heard that next year NH is going back to Shibaura for their tractors so the dealer may be trying to clear his lot of the LS ones. Nothing wrong with LS, I have one, but you might check out an LS dealer and see what he would offer in exchange for the same model tractor without the New Holland sticker on it.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #6  
I have a Boomer 35 HST that I bought this spring. I have just hit 50 hours on it and it has been good to me. I only have 7 acres (mostly woods) and that is why I went with the smaller machine.

I have bushogged big stuff (really too big) and besides beating up my cutter, the unit handled it well. I have not maxed out my lift yet and I have cleared up several large blow downs by cutting the big logs into 10-12 foot sections and lifting with logging tongs chained to my bucket.

It is not my fathers Kubota M, but for my uses it works well. I really have enjoyed the HST while doing dirt work.

The stabilizer arms are somewhat fragile in my opinion, as I have already bent one and had it replaced under warranty. Other than that, I am taking it in for its 50hr checkup this week.

My dealer did want to sell this unit, as it was cheaper than the prices and quotes you see posted on this forum.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #7  
The Boomer 35 is an LS R3039 with a weaker loader. You can get a new 3039 with hydro trans, stronger FEL, dual remotes, rear work light, and 7-pin trailer connector for at, or a bit under $20k in most places. LS let's dealers advertise actual prices. Here's one my local dealer has listed:

LS R3039 tractor loader

I have it's bigger brother the R4047 (Boomer 50), and haven't had any problems. I bent, then broke a stabilizer arm, but it was my fault....hit a 30yd dumpster the first time, and tree stump the second time. I cut out the bent part, welded back together, and it's holding up fine, but I did buy a replacement from the local Case dealer.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #8  
I am not familiar with the US term "boomer" and have been meaning to ask for a definition for quite a while.

My 2005 NH45TCE is coming up to 2500 hours and I still like it. Most of the first 1500 hours was exceptionally heavy work with home made rock rake and pick up tpl box. Are you prepared to drop more than $1000 a year, or roughly $10 an hour on your useage, plus running costs of course, on your present tractor? If you are (and I think it makes your present tractor a very expensive buy) then go for it.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #9  
I am not familiar with the US term "boomer" and have been meaning to ask for a definition for quite a while.

I'm not sure that there's any connection to tractors, but the term "boomer" is often connected to "Boomer Sooner" from the Univ of Oklahoma. The short version is that at one point people campaigned to have the land where the university is located opened up for settlement. Some folks illegally moved onto the land early. The folks campaigning for the land to be opened were "boomers", as in land boom, gold boom, etc. The early folks were "sooner".

I think it's really just a variation off of the term "boom" as in to prosper, or develop rapidly.

/ Trade in 2006 NH Boomer? #10  
I'm not sure that there's any connection to tractors, but the term "boomer" is often connected to "Boomer Sooner" from the Univ of Oklahoma. The short version is that at one point people campaigned to have the land where the university is located opened up for settlement. Some folks illegally moved onto the land early. The folks campaigning for the land to be opened were "boomers", as in land boom, gold boom, etc. The early folks were "sooner".

I think it's really just a variation off of the term "boom" as in to prosper, or develop rapidly.

"Boomer" may also refer to the huge generation of U.S. retirees about to stop working and possibly live the good life on small acreage. This generation is referred to as "The Baby Boomers"....I think it is generally folks born in the U.S. between 1946-1961?