Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230

Default Re: Was ready to buy

I really prefer the dealers who walk over to you as soon as they see you, welcome you to the dealership, introduce themselves, hand you their card, say they'll be over yonder if you have any questions, and invite you to browse the inventory to your hearts content, then leave you alone.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case Farmall IH 60

I'd get the old MF35 if it is in good condition!

As it were, I sent out a reverse auction when I was looking. I provided my minimum requirements, time frame for purchasing, and time frame for receiving quotes and providing feedback.

Some dealers responded quickly with costs at list + (especially NH), some actually had some good deals. I had a wonderful quote from a local JD Dealer but it came in AFTER my deadline. I missed a McCormick but that might not be so bad. I ended up with a CASE IH Farmall and really do love it. They came in WAAAAAYYYY under list on a new unit and were easy to deal with. It was a cash style deal to them and a quick sale.

Call in and set-up an appointment. If they have an appointment to meet with you they are more likely to not be busy and to have someone to help you.

Tractor
    JD GT235, DK40SE HST

Quote Originally Posted by farmer2009 View Post
    When loading hay I just spear a bale on 3 pt hitch and then use loader. Only thing that last bale can get hairy.
    Good idea.

Tractor
    JD GT235, DK40SE HST

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldziffel View Post
    I had an interesting experience at a local dealer last spring. I ordered a tractor. I put down a deposit. The dealer could not get the tractor. The dealer kept a $100 of my deposit to "pay my salesman for writing up the sales order".
    I'm in sales and wish I could do that every time I sent out a quote. :-)

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Quote Originally Posted by freewookie View Post
    I'm in sales and wish I could do that every time I sent out a quote. :-)
    Yes that would be good wouldn't it?.. When I was making quotes for telephone systems, we probably quoted 10 for every one that closed.. Not matter how many hours you spent on a quote, you just had to "eat it" if it did not sell.
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

There is NO WAY they can keep 1 cent for not following thru with their side of the bargain. Id jump right down their throats over that.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 5225; JD F925; JD LX188

I buy used tractors, so I don't talk with dealership sales people very often. It's my JD dealer's parts- and service departments that I frequent. When I walk in the door, the sales guys have learned that I'm either headed to parts or to service. The parts people are helpful, but often act like they'd rather be somewhere else. The service manager has been very helpful when I bring problems to him.

Creekpaddler in Totty Hollow

2006 JD 5225 with 542 loader & (6) 3-pt attachments
    1997 JD 925 72" front-deck diesel mower
    1993 JD LX188 with 48" deck

"If you need a machine but don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it, but don't have it."- Henry Ford

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT230 and a "wide track" Mahindra 2516

Quote Originally Posted by grsthegreat View Post
    There is NO WAY they can keep 1 cent for not following thru with their side of the bargain. Id jump right down their throats over that.
    I felt that way but my credit card company, which I used to make the deposit, agreed with the dealer. They denied my protest.

Quote Originally Posted by arnoldziffel View Post
    I had an interesting experience at a local dealer last spring.

I ordered a tractor. I put down a deposit. The dealer could not get the tractor. The dealer kept a $100 of my deposit to "pay my salesman for writing up the sales order".

I think you should have got your $100 back since they didn't finish the contract. It would have been different if you changed your mind, but if the dealer cancels then you should get your money back. I know it's only $100, but I'd be talking to a lawyer.

Wedge
    1967 Ford 4000,Mahindra 4530 with FEL and BH, Box blade, straight blade, FEL, Rake, Bushhog, Backhoe, Jinma chipper, KKII tiller, Grapple. Mahindra 4530, with FEL and Backhoe.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Multiple

A lawyer would cost more than that. I would drop the dealer and the credit card company. Then take a look at the billboard next to the dealership and add a warning even if only for a week or two. With both company names on it don't put them down but a warning of what they do. I ain't illegal to tell the truth. They may be happy to give it back then.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast