Was ready to buy

/ Was ready to buy #1  

freewookie

Silver Member
Tractor
JD GT235, DK40SE HST
Walked into the JD looking the buy a 5045D and couldn't get anyone's attention. Not a "Hi how you doing?" or anything. Said fine they must not need my money so headed across the highway to the NH dealer. Same thing there!

Don't these guys work on commissions?

Last edited by a moderator:
   / Was ready to buy #2  
About a 4.5 hour drive for you ... S&H in Joplin. I've got closer dealers but was much happier there ( about an hour from me ).

/ Was ready to buy #3  
Welcome to the forum from NW Florida. Someone will take your money, even if you have to buy a used one off craigslist. That would leave you with some $$ for implements.

/ Was ready to buy #4  
It must be you. :laughing:

Welcome!

I don't know which is worse, being ignored, or swarmed like a piece of meat on a hot day.

/ Was ready to buy #5  
About a 4.5 hour drive for you ... S&H in Joplin. I've got closer dealers but was much happier there ( about an hour from me ).

My dealer too.. I use the Rogersville Mo. one. Good bunch to deal with.

James K0UA

/ Was ready to buy #6  
Walked into the JD looking the buy a 5045D and couldn't get anyone's attention. Not a "Hi how you doing?" or anything. Said fine they must not need my money so headed across the highway to the NH dealer. Same **** thing there!

Don't these guys work on commissions?

They do, but they're usually only interested in selling the expensive stuff. I tried asking about a used MF at a local dealer...two times. Both times, the only guy who could talk money, or let me run it was busy. That's part of the reason I focused on Kioti and LS when I bought new; they went out of their way to work with me.

/ Was ready to buy #8  
Ya have a Kubota dealer near by?

That wont necessarily help. The one I had the problem dealing with is a Kubota dealer (also CNH, but they have none on the lot). My neighbor had a similar experience with them. I've heard similar stories about most of the big brands.

On a happy note, we added a second LS dealer here :cool2: Saw the change for the first time today, and stopped in to say hi. I told them I bought a few months ago, but they were happy to chat, give me a card, and said they'd be glad to help me with parts/service, etc. They're small, but have been around for years, and had one of every model up to a P7040 on the lot.

/ Was ready to buy #9  
I went in a nearby JD dealer looking to buy new and the whole time the guy worked up a quote for me he never offered me a place to sit down (the nearest chair had a laptop computer and some parts on it). I could have asked of course but I decided to wait and see if he offered and he never did. I took the paper from him and never went back.

/ Was ready to buy #10  
That wont necessarily help. The one I had the problem dealing with is a Kubota dealer (also CNH, but they have none on the lot). My neighbor had a similar experience with them. I've heard similar stories about most of the big brands.

On a happy note, we added a second LS dealer here :cool2: Saw the change for the first time today, and stopped in to say hi. I told them I bought a few months ago, but they were happy to chat, give me a card, and said they'd be glad to help me with parts/service, etc. They're small, but have been around for years, and had one of every model up to a P7040 on the lot.
Too bad! We have a very good Kubota dealer here.