Who really makes what?

/ Who really makes what? #1  

Elkins45

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800
I'm in the market for a new tractor w/ loader because (surprise, surprise) when I bought my first tractor in 2010 I bought too small. It's a Kubota L2350DT and it has been a great performer but I am running it at the absolute max end of its capacity. I'm looking to spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $20K if I buy a new machine--that includes the loader. I'm happy to buy a good used machine if I can find one, but new is also an option.

I'm considering Kubota based on the strength of my current one, but I won't rule out any other quality brand as well. I just want to make an informed decision and not pay extra for a rebadged unit with no real difference. So here's my question: who really makes whose tractors?

Who makes the small Massey Ferguson? I think it's Iseki, right?

Who makes the New Holland Workmaster and Boomer?

Who makes the small Deere units?

Yanmar is an actual maker, correct?

I don't think Kioti is an option because there doesn't seem to be a dealer anywhere within 100 miles of me.

Thanks in advance for any input.

/ Who really makes what? #2  
The Bobcats are nice tractors. They are made by Kioti but the agreement is ending.

/ Who really makes what? #3  
Last I knew, Iseki was making the NH Workmaster series.

LS definitely makes the NH Boomer series (not the Boomer 8N). LS also makes the Farmall B series for Case.

Yes, Yanmar makes their own machines.

/ Who really makes what? #4  
Deere makes the 102x's, 3x20's, and 4x20's series themselves, and Yanmar makes the 2000 series. Yanmar might make the 4005, and a couple others.

/ Who really makes what? #5  
Yanmar makes the engines in the JD3000 as well as a couple of the 4000 Series.

/ Who really makes what? #6  
Yanmar makes the engines in the JD3000 as well as a couple of the 4000 Series.

Yes, I think the only CUTS that have a John Deere engine are the 4x20's...and I bet they will be Yanmars soon. Due to Tier 4, I get the feeling that JD is focusing on the >75hp engines, and will be relying on Yanmar for < 75 HP.

/ Who really makes what? #7  
Yes, I think the only CUTS that have a John Deere engine are the 4x20's...and I bet they will be Yanmars soon. Due to Tier 4, I get the feeling that JD is focusing on the >75hp engines, and will be relying on Yanmar for < 75 HP.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see what they do, certainly nothing wrong with Yanmar engines, but I kind of hate to see them change from John Deere engines.

As a corporation they sure aren't hurting, right now I have several 8000 Series John Deeres and combines cutting and hauling corn on ours and surrounding properties, our neighbors use the 9000 tracked machines as well as some other 9000 and 8000. I can only imagine how much those things cost.

/ Who really makes what? #8  
I've read some claims that Yanmar is the only company that makes the entire tractor. That said I haven't seen any evidence that Kubota doesn't either. I'm talking engine, transmission, axles, frame, loader, backhoe, etc. Smaller components like starter and injection pumps, hydraulic valves, cylinders, etc are likely to come from other parts suppliers.

/ Who really makes what? #9  
Last I knew, Iseki was making the NH Workmaster series.

LS definitely makes the NH Boomer series (not the Boomer 8N). LS also makes the Farmall B series for Case.

Yes, Yanmar makes their own machines.

Not the Boomer 3040,45, & 50 super suite tractors. .. Those are still Shibaura. Also, I believe that NH is stopping the build contract with LS and going back to Shibaura for the whole Boomer line.

LS makes LS, current NH Boomers, the comparable Case models, and had made Montana.

Daedong makes Kioti, McCormick, Bobcat (but that's done) and I believe Landini.

Mahindra makes some of their own, but many are pieced together.

Kubota makes their own.

Yanmar makes their own now.

JD if back to making their own but still sourcing engines.

TYM makes their own.

Branson makes their own (can't remember the name of the actual manufacturing company tho)

Massey Ferguson is made by Iseki.

/ Who really makes what? #10  
Branson brand tractors are manufactured by the kukje Machinery Company, LTD of South Korea. The tractors are assembled in the companies two U.S. facilities in Georgia and California. The Branson Tractor company is headquartered in Rome, Georgia.