Comparison ck20 hst or the b2320

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #1  

cacx2

Tractor
Kubota b7500
Ok I know there are thousands of orange vs orange posts and I have seen a few close but want to ask someone who has had to make this decision and why.

I am looking at the kioti ck20hst or kubota b2320 both with fel and a 60" rear finish mower. Prices are kioti 12800 and kubota 13800. (tractor and fel) mower in the spring.

I just have 5 acres to mow and landscape and a driveway to maintain.

I am leaning toward the kubota due to more known and 3 speed trans (med is prob best for mowing), but its more $ and has less fel lift.

Kioti has more fel lift and weighs more (no biggie I have a hard packed yard), but it lacks that med gear.

So for anyone who has been in this situation what did you buy and why.

Thanks

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #2  
I went with the ck20 because it was a better machine for loader work. It also had a better seat and imo a more comfortable operators area.

The 2 speed was fine for me, but I never used it for mowing; it was 90% used for loader work.

A friend of mine had a b2920 and used it for mowing. He said he was almost always in M gear, and it made a real nice cut in his yard.

I'm not sure if you can cut in H gear in the Kioti, but I'm sure you can find those answers on this forum somewhere.

I would say they are equal quality, so pick whichever one better suits the majority of your tasks.

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #3  
I would go w/ the Kioti. Kubota obviously is more popular because of the name but the Kioti is a great tractor. Out-specs the Kubota in wt. and lift cap.. That 20 is a great little workhorse.

Drive the Kioti in both ranges and see if you can find a comfortable mowing speed. I'm sure you can.

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #4  
I should add. .. If u wanna see what a ck20 can do, search YouTube for "digging a pond with Kioti ck20" :D

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #5  
If mowing is priority one, the Kubota is the better answer. For ground work, no competition the CK20 is best.

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #6  
The ck20 might be better in ground work, but does mean the b2320 can't do ground work, because it can. Depends how you can operate.

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #7  
Operator matters not when discussing which is the more capable machine for a given task. OP just needs to decide which tasks are most important. The two machines are night and day as for which is better at various tasks and Gittyup had a good assessment of those abilities. Kubota is best for mowing or anything increased ground speed and torque control are needed for, and the Kioti clearly has the better loader for earthmoving.

The Kioti can mow, and the Kubota can do earthmoving, just neither is best for those tasks when compared to the other...

Granted a good operator can move a lot of earth with a small machine very efficiently whereas a inexperienced operator can move twice the dirt with a larger machine and still not have a job halfway done, that doesn't change a machine's capabilities. The same operator in either machine has the same experience limitations, the variables the operator/original poster is asking about is the machines.

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #8  
Forgot to add, the ck20 also has positing control on the 3pt, while the B series only has 1/4" valving. That's a great feature to have!

/ ck20 hst or the b2320 #9  
Op needs some seat time on both machines the decide