Buying Advice Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT?

/ Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT? #31  
Very nice home and property.

I personally do not think that two acres are much to mow. I would trade in or sell the ZTR as long as you can get good value for it. I think the little bit more time it takes to mow with a BX or B would be offset by the time it takes to go about borrowing your dad's tractor. And tractors are so much more fun! You have probably already thought of how much you would use one if you had it on hand all the time.

/ Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT? #32  
Very nice home and property.

I personally do not think that two acres are much to mow. I would trade in or sell the ZTR as long as you can get good value for it. I think the little bit more time it takes to mow with a BX or B would be offset by the time it takes to go about borrowing your dad's tractor. And tractors are so much more fun! You have probably already thought of how much you would use one if you had it on hand all the time.

I guess we should first consider whether the OP still owes money on the ZTR or if a sale would put cash in his pocket. I mean, if he has a payment of like $75/mo on his ZTR, I would say keeping it is a no brainer since putting a couple Grand down (estimated general guess of the equity in a used ZTR) is not going to affect the payment much on a new tractor. He could also get a tractor and just opt out of purchasing a mower deck, since he has the ZTR still. .. And that would help equalize the cost too.

/ Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT?
I paid cash for the ZTR, so no debt hanging on that. I got it for a good price as well which makes it harder to let go:)

/ Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT? #34  
Keep the ZTR and buy a tractor. You'll be glad you did I'm sure. So much more you can get done with a tractor.

/ Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT? #35  
I paid cash for the ZTR, so no debt hanging on that. I got it for a good price as well which makes it harder to let go:)

What do u realistically think you could get for the ZTR?

What do u realistically think you could get for the ZTR?

$2500 min. It's a full commercial grade with only ~380hrs on it.

/ Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT? #37  
Thanks everyone. I think around the trees would prove more difficult with a SCUT. I just want a tractor, but I hope to own land in 5 years, and then I would for sure want something bigger. Perhaps waiting is best although painful.

I must have not seen this post earlier.. If you've got 5 years still, maybe waiting would be the best decision. That way, you'll know exactly how much tractor you'll need for the property.

/ Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT? #38  
Can someone keep a straight face when they tell me a ZTR will run rings around the L3200?
Mine would.
My zero turn will run rings around my tractor with a 7' finish mower.

Last edited:
   / Am I nuts? Thinking of leaving ZTR for SCUT? #39  
My 52" zero turn is much faster than either my BX 60" MMM or the B2620 with a 60" RFM. I am currently mowing a rough, wide open 6 acres. The ZTR takes 2.5 hours (not going as fast as I can), the 2620 takes 3.5 hours (going full speed in M range). I am sure that a 72" finish mower would be quicker, but I am not sure it would be faster than my ZTR.

Will

Ok, it's settled. I'll keep it. :)