Tractor Sizing Ford 1300

/ Ford 1300 #1  

jbjake

Tractor
Ford 631 & 3930
My wife is showing interest in mowing fencelines and other areas around our pastures. My daily driver is a Ford 3930 with a 6 ft. bush hog. She is wanting something a bit smaller (physically) that will be more maneuverable(and still Ford blue) for her yet still capable of mowing something with a small rotary mower. There is a sweet, low-hour ford 1300 on local Craigslist (400 hours, asking$3,000 looks to be in great shape) Would it have enough power to do any kind of work? Any inherent problems to look for in this model? It is the 2 cylinder Shinbaura (sp?) diesel. Thanks.

/ Ford 1300 #2  
I have a 1300 Ford and I use a 60 inch King Kutter finish mower with it. It works good with the mower, but I think that you can only use a 48 inch brush hog. The tractor will be probably wider then the brush hog. I have the diamond pattern turf tires and they are wider then regular tractor tires. I would question the ammount of hours as the hour meter only goes to 999 hours and starts over. Good little tractor but getting harder to find parts. Hope this helps.
Ken