Comparison Cant decide what I need

/ Cant decide what I need #1  

newbie17

Tractor
none...yet
I want to start bye saying hello. I just purchased 12 acres and need a tractor to maintain it. The driveway on this property is 900 feet. The tractor that i buy will maintain it as well as remove snow from it. I will be mowing 6 acres of it. I am planning on a mmm on this tractor. Also need an FEL firewood, mulch, rock removal etc. Had made my mind up on a Kubota B3200 with hst ,but just sat on a massey 1532 at my count fair and really liked it. It is 700 pounds heavier than the kubota other than that everything else is close. My question is, are both of these tractors capable of doing what i need and with the masseys extra weight i am afraid i would tear my yard up. Btw i am planning on R4 tires. I am new to tractors and would take all the advice i can get.

Last edited:
   / Cant decide what I need #2  
I drive a Kubota B3300SU which is VERY similar to the Kubota B3200.

Yes, both the Kubota and MF1532 will meet your needs.

R4 tires are pretty standard on tractors with an FEL.

You will NOT tear up your yard with additional 700 pounds of the MF1532

/ Cant decide what I need #3  
You will NOT tear up your yard with additional 700 pounds of the MF1532

Have you seen his yard? Do you know what's under the grass? In some cases, 700lbs will be enough difference to cause problems.

My MF weighs 4,200lbs and has R-1s on it. My LS weighs 4,900 lbs (with the FEL on, but bucket off) and has R4s on it. There have been times when the LS was heavy enough to leave pretty deep prints where the MF left much shallower marks....talking a couple of days after we had a really hard rain. If anything, you'd think the MF would do more damage with the R-1s, but that wasn't the case. I opted to just use my ZT when that happened.

Short version....unless you know his land, and have tested something very similar, you really can't give him a definitive answer.

/ Cant decide what I need
My land is on top of a hill and my f150 rarely leaves ruts while driving on the turf even after rain.

/ Cant decide what I need #5  
I don't know your conditions but I do not think 700lbs will make a lot of difference when weighing what they do already for mower , if yard is wet then both going leave tracks, one may be alittle less than other but still leaving tracks, so just wait for ideal conditions. If been just running regular lawn mower, may have problems running either tractor, until soil is compacted after mowing several times or previous owner could have used bigger tractor and have no issues with either. The added weight of the Massey could help you on the other duties mentioned.
What does just the mmm cost?

@2500. I know a rfm would cost less but want mmm for around house and trees

/ Cant decide what I need #7  
@2500. I know a rfm would cost less but want mmm for around house and trees

Welcome from Medina OH. 6 acres is a lot of mowing. Is it pasture grass or ornamental grass?

Pasture for now going to build then seed. Next door neighbor has woods 6ft brush hog going to use for now

/ Cant decide what I need #9  
Pasture for now going to build then seed. Next door neighbor has woods 6ft brush hog going to use for now

How tall do you let it go before you cut?