Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy??

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #21  
Welcome to TBN from Ogdensburg,NY,I don't live in Canada but can see it from here.We used to run over to Prescott and Brockville for Chinese take out.......before all this border security stuff.

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #22  
What does this have to do with this thread?

In another thread he very emphatically stated that an L3800 can do "nearly anything", and those of us who suggested going up to an MX4700/5100 were completely wrong. I'm just wondering what's changed...

Last edited:
   / Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #23  
In another thread he very emphatically stated that an L3800 can do "nearly anything", and those of us who suggested going up to an MX4709/5100 were completely wrong. I'm just wondering what's changed...

No, I agreed with another who said that and I Never said anyone else was wrong. Nothing has changed. :rolleyes:

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #24  
FACT CHECK

Actual statement by BlueGill2:
I agree and do more with my L3800 than most do with larger tractors. :cool:
Just so folks aren't confused, the L3800 weighs more than 2200 lbs. It's 26XX lbs and about 1100 for the loader.

He did not say anything about another member's recommendation that the OP of that thread look at an MX4700/5100, much less that they were "completely wrong". I believe it would benefit the conversations here if only factual quotes were used. bluegill wasn't even referring to the suggestion about MX4700/5100s.

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #25  
In another thread he very emphatically stated that an L3800 can do "nearly anything", and those of us who suggested going up to an MX4709/5100 were completely wrong. I'm just wondering what's changed...

I know one thing that has changed, that would be the thread and he hadn't said anything such here. So why bring it to ILOVEMYTRACTOR thread?

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #26  
Thanks Tom.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just stating what works for me, or what I might be interested in...

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #27  
FACT CHECK

Actual statement by BlueGill2:

He did not say anything about another member's recommendation that the OP of that thread look at an MX4700/5100, much less that they were "completely wrong". I believe it would benefit the conversations here if only factual quotes were used. bluegill wasn't even referring to the suggestion about MX4700/5100s.

Tom, you, of all people are calling for a fact check? That's funny. You can take one post out of context, and make it seem any way you want, but that's not how it happened. I could post quotes to prove you're wrong (again), but that's not going to help the thread.

Shouldn't you be recommending a Chinese tractor, just to stir the pot, like in the LS thread? :confused2:

Last edited:
   / Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #28  
What do people think of Kubota. I like John Deere but they seem somewhat overpriced. Thank you.

I think both are somewhat overpriced, but you won't find anyone knocking their quality. It seems like the deciding factor is likely how important dealer proximity is to you.

Nobody will be able to help you figure out which one feels better to you, and that's really important. Things that you find annoying might not bother someone else, and vice-versa....some can be deal-breakers, but only you can evaluate them. Getting seat time in all the candidates is the best thing you can do to find the right answer.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pictures of whichever you pick!

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #29  
I think both are somewhat overpriced, but you won't find anyone knocking their quality. It seems like the deciding factor is likely how important dealer proximity is to you.

Nobody will be able to help you figure out which one feels better to you, and that's really important. Things that you find annoying might not bother someone else, and vice-versa....some can be deal-breakers, but only you can evaluate them. Getting seat time in all the candidates is the best thing you can do to find the right answer.

Good luck, and don't forget to post pictures of whichever you pick!

True like the new 9960 exhaust location in the drivers view bugs me,may not someone else. I have always had good dealing with Kubota but I'm leaning now towards a Massey 4609/4610 but they have a 3cyl.diesel may not be an issue and Mahindra 100s no history to go off. Then none offer a buddy seat so only option would be the NH 4.85/4.95 but priced higher or get JD 5series to fit one in but they have the same exhaust location as Kubota and a 5085M was 60grand. If price wasn't an option the Kubota M100GX would be my choice no doubt,cause looks,options and cost compared to others equal. I looked at the 6D series JD but have a 9 and 3gear selection for the same money as the GX with a 24x24.

/ Decisons, decisions, what tractor to buy?? #30  
Thanks Tom.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, just stating what works for me, or what I might be interested in...

I think you are a straight shooter. I think distortion by anyone of what I, you or anyone else said is not helpful.